The Student Room Group

Argos/Sainsbury contract

Hello! So I recently passed an interview and got a job at Argos and Sainsburys (Argos primarily and then also G&M and Clothing at Sainsburys). I got the call on Saturday saying that I needed to fill in some extra info so they can draw up a contract which I did that day but its now Tuesday and I've yet to receive a contract??

How long did it take for anyone else to receive their contract after that call?(Argos and Sainsburys people alike)

Thanks!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
hey,hope u get ur contract soon !! but i sadly do not have that answer to your question lol i was just wondering if you had any tips as i have a interview for the exact same job very soon and i’m quite nervous. thankss
Reply 2
Original post by esolo23
hey,hope u get ur contract soon !! but i sadly do not have that answer to your question lol i was just wondering if you had any tips as i have a interview for the exact same job very soon and i’m quite nervous. thankss

Ah thanks - turns out there was a system failure so it didn’t send - I start Friday!!! :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by athena5967
Ah thanks - turns out there was a system failure so it didn’t send - I start Friday!!! :smile:

Whay job would you do, would u get the parcel after the customer asks you

How old r u
What's the pay
Reply 4
Original post by Bigboy23
Whay job would you do, would u get the parcel after the customer asks you

How old r u
What's the pay

So primarily I get peoples click&collect orders, help people who pop in to see if what they want is in stock, returns, that kind of stuff, but sometimes, if I dont have a shift at Argos (rare but they said it might happen) then I would just be putting out stock in the general merchandise and clothing section, making sure everything is neat, helping people, checking for damaged stock, that kind of thing - nice and relaxed nothing too strenuous.

Im 16 and I work 10 hours a week minimum (mostly in 5 hour shifts with breaks) but ill probs work more in the holidays, and I get £9.50 an hour :smile:
Reply 5
So primarily I get peoples click&collect orders, help people who pop in to see if what they want is in stock, returns, that kind of stuff, but sometimes, if I dont have a shift at Argos (rare but they said it might happen) then I would just be putting out stock in the general merchandise and clothing section, making sure everything is neat, helping people, checking for damaged stock, that kind of thing - nice and relaxed nothing too strenuous.

Im 16 and I work 10 hours a week minimum (mostly in 5 hour shifts with breaks) but ill probs work more in the holidays, and I get £9.50 an hour :smile:

heyy,

what kind of questions did they ask in the interview
glad u got ur contract 😁.

thanks
Reply 6
Original post by esolo23
heyy,

what kind of questions did they ask in the interview
glad u got ur contract 😁.

thanks

Tbh I thought they’d ask a ton of questions but it was mostly just a conversations - v relaxed! The questions I got asked though we’re:
- good + bad customer experience I’ve had
- future plans
- days/ times I could work and/or any days that i couldn't do due to clubs eg football club

The rest of it was much more kind of getting to know my personality like whether I was extroverted/ introverted and how I’d react with bad customers (would I be comfortable with dealing with customers who might shout at me etc and can I talk well with strangers etc).

It could be due to the manager who interviewed me but my interview felt more like a conversation with someone who was trying to get to know me rather than see if I fitted for a job.

I heard back from them less than a week later saying I got the job - (interview Monday + confirmation call on Saturday) but Ik some people had to wait a full week

Hope that helps! Let me know any other queries if you have them! :smile:

EDIT: Had my first day today and it’s really easy - you just go to the wonderfully organised stock room, pick up the product and give it to the person dealing with the customer (I can’t do that yet as I only started today so don’t know how to work the till). I also get a 30 minute break between my 5 hour shift and the customers aren’t too many nor do I have to walk anywhere other than the stock room - it is cold there so on your first day before you get your uniform make sure to bring a thick cardigan. I brought a thin one and borderline shivered all day.
Oh also! The amount of videos and learning stuff you have to watch before you can start WORKING is insane - my shift was 10-3 and I only started WORKING at 2,,, it’s ALOT
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 7
Tbh I thought they’d ask a ton of questions but it was mostly just a conversations - v relaxed! The questions I got asked though we’re:
- good + bad customer experience I’ve had
- future plans
- days/ times I could work and/or any days that i couldn't do due to clubs eg football club

The rest of it was much more kind of getting to know my personality like whether I was extroverted/ introverted and how I’d react with bad customers (would I be comfortable with dealing with customers who might shout at me etc and can I talk well with strangers etc).

It could be due to the manager who interviewed me but my interview felt more like a conversation with someone who was trying to get to know me rather than see if I fitted for a job.

I heard back from them less than a week later saying I got the job - (interview Monday + confirmation call on Saturday) but Ik some people had to wait a full week

Hope that helps! Let me know any other queries if you have them! :smile:

EDIT: Had my first day today and it’s really easy - you just go to the wonderfully organised stock room, pick up the product and give it to the person dealing with the customer (I can’t do that yet as I only started today so don’t know how to work the till). I also get a 30 minute break between my 5 hour shift and the customers aren’t too many nor do I have to walk anywhere other than the stock room - it is cold there so on your first day before you get your uniform make sure to bring a thick cardigan. I brought a thin one and borderline shivered all day.
Oh also! The amount of videos and learning stuff you have to watch before you can start WORKING is insane - my shift was 10-3 and I only started WORKING at 2,,, it’s ALOT

omg thank you so much that was very helpful , got the interview tomorrow !! bit nervous as i have no previous work experience but lets hope it goes well lol .
Reply 8
Original post by esolo23
omg thank you so much that was very helpful , got the interview tomorrow !! bit nervous as i have no previous work experience but lets hope it goes well lol .

neither did i!!! dont worry i imagine the manager will be super nice especially if youre young!! dont worry about having good grades either i got the job purely on predicted grades so it obvs doesnt count,,, just make sure you encourage the idea that you can deal with multiple kinds of people and that even if you’re not the most outgoing person, youre kind, helpful, and polite! good luck!!!

EDIT: oh also make sure to think of a weakness in advance! something thats a flaw but not vital for the job! i said though im adaptable flexible etc my weakness was that im a bit nervous to do things until im told and shown how to do things a couple times at least.
(edited 2 years ago)
I worked at Sainsburys for 6 years (college, gap and uni) and really enjoyed it. I left on bad terms though (new manager was a disgrace about my mental health issues but that's another story) but yeah, really loved my weekend colleagues.
Original post by Bazookaboobs
I worked at Sainsburys for 6 years (college, gap and uni) and really enjoyed it. I left on bad terms though (new manager was a disgrace about my mental health issues but that's another story) but yeah, really loved my weekend colleagues.

aah nice. ive got an interview next week Thursday and i’m feeling confident but nervous at the same time😵*💫
Original post by anitadhm_.
aah nice. ive got an interview next week Thursday and i’m feeling confident but nervous at the same time😵*💫

You'll do great! Oh! make sure you say a good customer Service you've had before You're bad, it didn't stop me from doing a bad interview but I'm sure it'll help you 'that' much more :smile:
Original post by Bazookaboobs

Ah yeah, I have to say, I’ve only worked three days but everyone is really nice and I’m not afraid to ask for help. Im glad I thought to look at Argos rather than a cafe paying me minimum wage heh
Hi!I have an interview for this exact role next week and I would wondering if you could give me an exact list of questions they asked you? I want to prepare as well as possible, I really want the job!Hope youre enjoying the job!
Original post by lolayakuza
Hi!I have an interview for this exact role next week and I would wondering if you could give me an exact list of questions they asked you? I want to prepare as well as possible, I really want the job!Hope youre enjoying the job!

Hey! I have an interview for them in an hour! I'll reply with the questions if that's okay?
Original post by silkypokemon96
Hey! I have an interview for them in an hour! I'll reply with the questions if that's okay?

Yes please that would be great!
Yes please that would be great!

Hey there, I'm back!

They asked me:
1. Tell them about myself
2. What times I'll be available
3. If I've been to the store before
4. Tell them more about myself again
5. If I know anything about Argos in general
6. If I'll be able to work on Christmas Day, Black Friday
7. If I have any holidays currently booked
8. Where I live / how far I am from the store
Hey there, I'm back!

They asked me:
1. Tell them about myself
2. What times I'll be available
3. If I've been to the store before
4. Tell them more about myself again
5. If I know anything about Argos in general
6. If I'll be able to work on Christmas Day, Black Friday
7. If I have any holidays currently booked
8. Where I live / how far I am from the store

Thanks so much that's really helpful! good luck with getting the job I'm sure you smashed the interview :smile:
Thanks so much that's really helpful! good luck with getting the job I'm sure you smashed the interview :smile:

Thank you!

Unfortunately though, I got an email this morning saying I didn't get through because although I had some of the skills needed, other applicants fit better.

Shall continue to search I guess. :smile:
Thank you!

Unfortunately though, I got an email this morning saying I didn't get through because although I had some of the skills needed, other applicants fit better.

Shall continue to search I guess. :smile:

Oh my gosh the exact same thing happened to me🥲. I’ve got a part-time job with an agency and I’m
enjoying it so far

Latest

Trending

Trending