The Student Room Group

Retake one A level

I just got my results and they are very good apart from one. Can I take a year out do another A level let's say politics and apply to uni with my already existent grades and (the politics grade I would receive next year) can I apply with them for 2022?
Yes you can take one A Level if that's what you want to do, but you'll have to check with your school/college (e.g. whether you just resit in the autumn or whether you can be a part-time student for example)
Original post by ocean2222
I just got my results and they are very good apart from one. Can I take a year out do another A level let's say politics and apply to uni with my already existent grades and (the politics grade I would receive next year) can I apply with them for 2022?

Hey,

Congratulations on achieving fantastic results ! :smile:
Yes you can take a year our and do another A-level. Talk to your school and teachers to plan whether you just want to resit in autumn term or that you want to resit with the new cohort in Summer.
Also, yes when you apply for 2022 you will use the grades you received this year and then your predicted grade for the extra A-level you have taken.

Hope this helps
Laiba
Human and Health Sciences

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending