AimPerfectly
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi, I am about to go into Year 12 and I have been researching universities for a long time now and I wanted to discuss the Data Science degree at LSE and if it would be suitable for me or if they have other courses more suitable for me.
For my A-levels I will do Computer Science, Maths, Further Maths, and Physics (with the potential of dropping physics).
I am very interested in computer science and the programming aspect and I apsire to become a software engineer preferably at a big company in the US with a nice big paycheck but the main thing is that I love computer science which I why I want to persue it.
Unfortunately, LSE, a very nice looking uni with a seemingly good international reputation has, does not have Computer Science as a degree. The closest thing to it I can find is Data Science.
I have researched Data science and it seems to be quite a nice career that I could *potentially* be interested in. However, I am fearful of two main things:
1) Would me doing Data Science as a degree would narrow my options down to data science as a career? What if I end up not being interested in that? A computer science degree would be much more broad and with that I could probably go into data science if I wanted to anyway.
2) Is the Data Science course at LSE even Data Science? The course just seems to be economics and statistics... I personally don't like economics.

Please give me advice and suggestions.
Last edited by AimPerfectly; 3 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (118)
33.91%
Yes - a trusted person (94)
27.01%
No (92)
26.44%
I'm not sure (44)
12.64%

Watched Threads