The Student Room Group

BTEC

Hi, this isn’t for study help and I don’t know what forum to post this on as I’m new and confused 😂 but I did really bad in my first year of college I’m a BTEC student in 3 courses I got a U in two of them and a pass in one but the college I go to are allowing me to come back in September to continue on with 2/3 courses and another course which would give me half an a level.
Honestly, I was thinking of moving to another college and starting all over again as I believed i did bad due to quarantine as I became really burnt out and depressed. Thing is with BTEC I think first year grades contribute to overall grades so Idk if the grades I got would impact negatively on second year or not
Can I still redeem myself ???

So my question is : do I move to another college to give myself a fresh start ? Or should I carry on in my current college and try to redeem myself ?
Reply 1
Could you give a bit more detail? What Btec course is it? What are you’re other courses?
Reply 2
Original post by Ttyl247
Could you give a bit more detail? What Btec course is it? What are you’re other courses?

Yes I was doing applied criminology, applied psychology and applied law. They said I’m able to continue with psychology and criminology but I’d have to substitute law for business which would only give me half an a level
Reply 3
So from what you told me, this year you would apply to uni with 2.5 a-level equivalents? I’m gonna be honest but you will struggle to get into uni unless of course you get a distinction in business and it could possibly get you into uni. This is because a lot of universities require 3 a levels/equivalents.

So I would say unless you don’t mind staying at you’re current college for another two years to complete business next year and get the full a-level equivalent maybe look at the opportunity of just starting all over again because either way you will end up doing two more years of college.

However you could still go uni with 2.5 a levels/equivalents as long as you get a good grade in you’re business as you’ll do it for one year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending