The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

University of Leicester or Warwick for Management?

Basically I'm in a tough situation here. I've got an offer to go to the University of Leicester for Management. I can either:
A) Accept it and enrol at the end of September
B) Redo my A Levels to try get into Warwick or Loughborough or at least Manny/Durham

Which do you guys think I should do? Take the risk to try get into Warwick preferably by redoing my A Levels or should I just take Uni of Leicester? Thanks.
Original post by Anonymous
Basically I'm in a tough situation here. I've got an offer to go to the University of Leicester for Management. I can either:
A) Accept it and enrol at the end of September
B) Redo my A Levels to try get into Warwick or Loughborough or at least Manny/Durham

Which do you guys think I should do? Take the risk to try get into Warwick preferably by redoing my A Levels or should I just take Uni of Leicester? Thanks.

oh not worth re-doing your A levels. employers care most about work experience so i'd recommend you go with Leicester (be aware the city is a bit of a dive) and focus on getting work experience as an absolute priority. good luck!
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
It's up to you, if you really want to go to Warwick and you're willing to resit then you can do so. Personally, if you have an offer and you are happy with it then accept it. Warwick is a great uni but so is Leicester. What are your deciding factors between the two?
Reply 3
Original post by A Rolling Stone
oh not worth re-doing your A levels. employers care most about work experience so i'd recommend you go with Leicester (be aware the city is a bit of a dive) and focus on getting work experience as an absolute priority. good luck!

How bad is Leicester City? Main reason why I was gonna consider Warwick next year is because of how good it is. I believe I'd get the grades needed to get in next year after redoing them but idk if its worth a year of my life.

Original post by futurelawtrainee
It's up to you, if you really want to go to Warwick and you're willing to resit then you can do so. Personally, if you have an offer and you are happy with it then accept it. Warwick is a great uni but so is Leicester. What are your deciding factors between the two?

Warwick is the better Uni by quite some distance for Management though isnt it? Thats the main difference for me. I'm torn on what to do tbh.
Warwick is the better Uni by quite some distance for Management though isnt it? Thats the main difference for me. I'm torn on what to do tbh.

I don't personally take Management so I wouldn't know, it would be worth checking league tables and if you know what you want to do as a job, then seeing if Leicester is a target uni.
Redoing your A Levels is a huge decision, if you didn't get the grades for Warwick, is there any other uni that would take you?
Reply 5
Original post by futurelawtrainee
I don't personally take Management so I wouldn't know, it would be worth checking league tables and if you know what you want to do as a job, then seeing if Leicester is a target uni.
Redoing your A Levels is a huge decision, if you didn't get the grades for Warwick, is there any other uni that would take you?

Warwick, Loughborough, Manny, Durham
These 4 I'd consider aswell as the Information Business Management thing at UCL.

And tbh idek how targeted Leicester is. Ik it won't be as much as the ones I said which is why I'm kinda debating whether its worth redoing my A Levels.
How bad is Leicester City? Main reason why I was gonna consider Warwick next year is because of how good it is. I believe I'd get the grades needed to get in next year after redoing them but idk if its worth a year of my life.

it's a better uni but my point is a) no uni is worth a gap year and re-doing A levels for unless you will be unhappy at Leicester and b) the difference will be closed by work experience gained by one candidate over another
Original post by A Rolling Stone
it's a better uni but my point is a) no uni is worth a gap year and re-doing A levels for unless you will be unhappy at Leicester and b) the difference will be closed by work experience gained by one candidate over another

Thanks for the advice. Yeah I think I'll just go to Leicester then.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending