Sitting Autumn 2021 exams or Resitting A-Levels Summer 2022?

Watch
EA6781
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
My TAGs cannot be used to apply to uni. I am considering doing the Autumn exams, as the final grade would be the higher grade between the summer and autumn exams.
I am conflicted about balancing 3 subjects in less than 2 months (plus self-studying the topics not covered in school). Should I do the summer 2022 exam instead and would these count as a RESIT grade if I do? As I received TAGs (teacher-assessed grades) never did sit exams this summer2020.
I would be applying for uni next September 2022 anyway. So I wanted to know if it is worth rushing and do the autumn exams.
If anyone could give me their advice.
Thank you
Last edited by EA6781; 3 months ago
artycyn
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
bump
zoe.nyaku
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by EA6781)
My TAGs cannot be used to apply to uni. I am considering doing the Autumn exams, as the final grade would be the higher grade between the summer and autumn exams.
I am conflicted about balancing 3 subjects in less than 2 months (plus self-studying the topics not covered in school). Should I do the summer 2022 exam instead and would these count as a RESIT grade if I do? As I received TAGs (teacher-assessed grades) never did sit exams this summer2020.
I would be applying for uni next September 2022 anyway. So I wanted to know if it is worth rushing and do the autumn exams.
Thank you
If you are applying in 2022 I would suggest doing summer. 3 subjects in 2 months in a lot. I can't even handle revising biology in that time because of all the missed content so i am doing summer exams too
Charlotte's Web
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
SarcAndSpark maybe you can advise on this?
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Thank you
Last year, each uni took an individual view on this. If you were entered for exams this summer (2021?) then it may be viewed as a resit.

You need to contact the unis you are interested in and ask their view.

Thanks for the tag Charlotte's Web
icecreamvanilla2
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Thank you
This is what I'm planning on doing, resitting 2 subjects and doing psychology instead of history. I'm just worried about exams being cancelled or something.
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by icecreamvanilla2)
This is what I'm planning on doing, resitting 2 subjects and doing psychology instead of history. I'm just worried about exams being cancelled or something.
I think every effort will be made to a) avoid closing schools again and b) ensure the autumn exams go ahead. If the autumn exams can't happen, I think they will be moved to a later point in the school year. However, I do think this is really unlikely!
Demeter33
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Hi I'm in the same boat. I am sitting one in Autumn 2021 to try and bump up by 1 grade and then the other in summer 2022. Applying to uni in 2022. My question, like yours, is does the June 2022 exam count as a 1st sitting ( for one I'm not sitting thus Autumn) or a resit? Have you found anything else out ? Thanks and good luck
TastyCheescake
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Demeter33)
Hi I'm in the same boat. I am sitting one in Autumn 2021 to try and bump up by 1 grade and then the other in summer 2022. Applying to uni in 2022. My question, like yours, is does the June 2022 exam count as a 1st sitting ( for one I'm not sitting thus Autumn) or a resit? Have you found anything else out ? Thanks and good luck
I think it depends on the individual unis- for example UCL and LSE will consider summer exams as resits but autumn ones as first sitting, but depends also on what course you're trying for
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (21)
8.97%
Okay (67)
28.63%
A bit lacking (88)
37.61%
Not good at all (58)
24.79%

Watched Threads