The Student Room Group

Clearing: Lancaster vs York [ Computer Science ]

Which one would you recommend overall? I've taken an interest in these two universities and like both of their curriculum and the atmosphere for both of them.
My decision mainly would lie within the academic side, so if either is not particularly great within the night life then this wouldn't be an issue. Would any current or past students be able to help out that have gone to either of these?
Around the same.
Both Unis are good and academically parallel.
York - bigger place, beautiful modern campus
Lancaster - smaller place, modern campus, more cosy.
Original post by EimLL99
Which one would you recommend overall? I've taken an interest in these two universities and like both of their curriculum and the atmosphere for both of them.
My decision mainly would lie within the academic side, so if either is not particularly great within the night life then this wouldn't be an issue. Would any current or past students be able to help out that have gone to either of these?

Both are around the same, ive visited both with daughter on open days. She has been at Lancaster for a year now (physics) and loves the uni. She chose Lancs because the accommodation is really nice and its cheaper, and the fact its got a nice woodland walk round campus to chill and de-stress. She liked the sports facilities and the department. I know the school of computing is the infolab and a 360 tour is right here: https://livetour.istaging.com/c3a8bf02-fcee-43ab-8548-b1f2ecafd183

Nightlife is not for her either every single night, although she does love glow night club (she hasnt had chance to visit sugarhouse yet). But lots of bars in the city, plus a bar at every college. Accommodation she was in grizedale college which isnt far from infolab. Pendle lonsdale and cartmel colleges are not far either.

York, Yorks city is bigger than Lancasters and Heslington east can be a home away from work (free bus from hes east to hes west)
I like how York has a lake in the centre (lancasters lake carter is near to the sports centre).Alcuin and Goodricke accommodation she liked. Both libraries are just as good.

Both are really on a par with each other, so go with the course and the modules :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
I dont think York has any vacancies in computer science at this moment for clearing, but Lancaster still has,so i'd say go for Lancaster.
Original post by EimLL99

Hi @EimLL99!

Awesome to see that you are considering Lancaster :smile:

Personally, I've loved it here. The atmosphere of Lancaster is amazing - especially because of the college system. One of my favourite things about campus is the amount of green spaces and more 'quiet' areas. That being said, there is still plenty to get involved in! There are tons of societies and each of the nine colleges has a bar on campus - each renowned for its individual vibe.

We still have spaces in clearing for Computer Science - if you would like to look at our courses, you can see them here
Our clearing numbers are:
Main number: 0800 298 9542
From outside the UK: +44 1524 931300

Did you have any questions specifically about Lancaster that I might be able to help with?

Emily - Student Ambassador and 2nd year PPE student :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending