The Student Room Group

I’m an awful person

I hurt my friend and now I feel awful, ashamed and angry with myself. It’s made me feel down, depressed and bitter towards myself. I have apologised but still feel awful.

Any advice?
If they have forgiven you, you need to forgive yourself as well. Realise that you have made a mistake and try to make up for it.
Everyone makes mistakes, but they can still be solved.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
If they have forgiven you, you need to forgive yourself as well. Realise that you have made a mistake and try to make up for it.
Everyone makes mistakes, but they can still be solved.

I don't know if she's forgiven me, and probably doesn't want to see me again.
It’s tough when these things happen. Apologise to your friend of course but understand that they might not be willing to forgive you just yet, give them time and be patient. Whilst this is happening work on bettering yourself. Understand what you did and why it was bad and try to make yourself a better person,

but don’t be too hard on yourself. We are all humans and this is how we grow as people. :smile: try to do something to take your mind off of it, like watching movies - if it’s really destroying your mental health. You’ll get through this!
Reply 4
Original post by jessiicaleah
It’s tough when these things happen. Apologise to your friend of course but understand that they might not be willing to forgive you just yet, give them time and be patient. Whilst this is happening work on bettering yourself. Understand what you did and why it was bad and try to make yourself a better person,

but don’t be too hard on yourself. We are all humans and this is how we grow as people. :smile: try to do something to take your mind off of it, like watching movies - if it’s really destroying your mental health. You’ll get through this!

I couldn't sleep last night at all - and it's really destroying my MH. I don't know how to become a better person anymore.

Quick Reply

Latest