The Student Room Group

How long will student finance wait for evidence

My mum made a mistake when putting in her earnings for my student finance application for my third year of university. I have already sent in the required documents to try and rectify it. One issue that I still have is that they need evidence that my parents are separated, the issue is that they were never married and when they did separate they never really made it official to the council. So now my mum is having to apply for single parent council tax to get evidence that she is a single parent. How long will student finance wait for this evidence. I am really worried since I have only been given the minimum amount for the maintenance loan and that does not even cover my rent.
Original post by Chi_dambo
My mum made a mistake when putting in her earnings for my student finance application for my third year of university. I have already sent in the required documents to try and rectify it. One issue that I still have is that they need evidence that my parents are separated, the issue is that they were never married and when they did separate they never really made it official to the council. So now my mum is having to apply for single parent council tax to get evidence that she is a single parent. How long will student finance wait for this evidence. I am really worried since I have only been given the minimum amount for the maintenance loan and that does not even cover my rent.

Hi, your mum can complete and upload the marital status declaration form http://ow.ly/d/8pd8 to prove she is separated.

It can take up to 8 weeks to be re assessed during our busy period.

If you only receive the basic payment when you start the university then you will receive a second backdated payment with money owed to you, once your mums evidence has been accepted.

Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending