The Student Room Group

The Universe Exists - So which One is It

The Universe exists.
It had a a Beginning - i.e Big Bang Theroy.

Now , is there any nore options to the list below:

A) Universe created Itself - IMPOSSIBLE
B) Universe came out of Nothing - IMPOSSIBLE
C) The Universe created by Human - IMPOSSIBLE
D) The Universe created by a SuperBeing, non human - POSSIBLE.

Does'nt it make sense rationally to go for D.
Reply 1
What created the SuperBeing?

And what created the thing that created the SuperBeing?

In that way, option D mirrors options A & C. Logically, options A & C are therefore not impossible. There seems no point debating what the thing was that created the universe if you then have to decide what created that thing.

With our very short time in this universe, and our thinking limited by the bounds of what we know on this planet, it is highly likely that we haven’t scratched the surface of how we came to be.
Reply 2
Original post by lojawa
What created the SuperBeing?

And what created the thing that created the SuperBeing?

In that way, option D mirrors options A & C. Logically, options A & C are therefore not impossible. There seems no point debating what the thing was that created the universe if you then have to decide what created that thing.

With our very short time in this universe, and our thinking limited by the bounds of what we know on this planet, it is highly likely that we haven’t scratched the surface of how we came to be.

Infinite regress does'nt make sense, if we follow the question with who created A > inifinte then we would'nt reach to the point where we are here existing. There has to be STOP, for the universe to exist.
Or maybe it is something we will never understand with our current knowledge of how things work.
Reply 4
I think that we'll never know how the universe began. The universe is so big and human are just a very small part of it. The big bang theory is a very good theory but I think that how the universe began is so unimaginable that we can't possibly think of how it began. I don't think there's like a higher being who controls everything, I think everything and everyone are equal.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending