The Student Room Group

Been a ‘temp’ for nearly a year...

I’ve been a temp at Tkmaxx on and off (due to lockdowns) since October last year however i’m still on a temporary contract which just keeps getting extended. I’ve spoke to management who have said they ‘aren’t allowed’ to take on any permanent staff but my friends on the homesense department have been offered permanent contracts. Do you think they’re just lying so they don’t have to give me the benefits from a permanent contract?? I also feel like they can drop me at any moment without warning so it’s kinda stressful :/
Original post by char1133
I’ve been a temp at Tkmaxx on and off (due to lockdowns) since October last year however i’m still on a temporary contract which just keeps getting extended. I’ve spoke to management who have said they ‘aren’t allowed’ to take on any permanent staff but my friends on the homesense department have been offered permanent contracts. Do you think they’re just lying so they don’t have to give me the benefits from a permanent contract?? I also feel like they can drop me at any moment without warning so it’s kinda stressful :/

Employers legally have to give you the same pay and benefits as permanent staff once you've worked there for 12 weeks. They don't legally have to make your job permanent though.
Reply 2
Could you describe what the homesense staff do? I start in two days so wondering what my role will be like.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending