RamVeer
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Good morning....I was predicted AABand was aiming for medicine and had conditional offer at 2 universities..but ended up with ABB. I'm looking to resit those 2 papers to try again for medicine (as they need AAA)

Few queries please -
1) I understand the options I have to do the tests again are in Oct'21 and Jul'22....are they both called resits or is one called resit and another retake?
2) do I understand right that Oct resit means I can use the 2021 UCAT score and interview results whereas Jul22 resit means I'll have to redo UCAT and interview too
3) who scores and grades Oct'21 resit...is it the school again or the central examination board? I hope the Jul 22 exams are scored and ranked by central exam board
4) when should I expect to receive results of Oct resit? Assuming that I succeed in getting AAA, what happens next will? ...say will the university offer me deferred entry into 2022? Or ? Or do I use the Oct score when I reapply in 2022?

Thank you so much...
RamVeer
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
od morning....I was predicted AABand was aiming for medicine and had conditional offer at 2 universities..but ended up with ABB. I'm looking to resit those 2 papers to try again for medicine (as they need AAA)

Few queries please -
1) I understand the options I have to do the tests again are in Oct'21 and Jul'22....are they both called resits or is one called resit and another retake?
2) do I understand right that Oct resit means I can use the 2021 UCAT score and interview results whereas Jul22 resit means I'll have to redo UCAT and interview too
3) who scores and grades Oct'21 resit...is it the school again or the central examination board? I hope the Jul 22 exams are scored and ranked by central exam board
4) when should I expect to receive results of Oct resit? Assuming that I succeed in getting AAA, what happens next will? ...say will the university offer me deferred entry into 2022? Or ? Or do I use the Oct score when I reapply in 2022?

Thank you so much...
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
1) Retake and resit mean the same thing and will be used interchangeably by different organisations.
2) I think so, but becausethenight can probably confirm (sorry for all the tags BTN)
3) My understanding is the exam boards are responsible for marking the assessments as they are due to be exams.
4) Last year, results of autumn sitting were promised by December for A Level sitting (October) and January for GCSE sitting (November). I know the exams are taking place at the same time but I don't know for sure whether they're running on the same timescales for turnaround.
chazzacakes
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Hi do the oct 2022 exams count as resits or because they were centre assesed they don't count
chazzacakes
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I am in a very similar position to thread starter except I got BBB could anyone let me know the questions to above aswell
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by RamVeer)
Good morning....I was predicted AABand was aiming for medicine and had conditional offer at 2 universities..but ended up with ABB. I'm looking to resit those 2 papers to try again for medicine (as they need AAA)

Few queries please -

Thank you so much...
Hi

I'm sorry you're disappointed with your results. Have you considered appealing your grade to see if you could make your conditional offer this summer?

1) I'm not quite sure what distinction you're making between resits and retakes. However, the sitting in October 21 will be viewed as part of your "first sitting" by all unis. Some unis will view the July 22 exams as a "resit" and their policies on this (if they e.g. do not accept resits) may apply.

2) Last year, some Med Schools held deferred places for people resitting in the autumn, conditional on them achieving their previous conditional offer. These students did not have to redo the UCAT or interview. Not all med schools did this, so you need to discuss this with the unis holding your offers. I don't believe any Med Schools did this for people resitting in July this year. But as I say, you need to discuss this with the unis you had offers from.

3) The October resits will go to the exam board and be marked by them. Your school will only be involved in administering the exams.

4) I don't believe there is a confirmed date, but this year, A-level resit results came out in December. You would have to reapply for 2022 entry without knowing your resit results.

I hope this helps. I think your first step is to discuss the situation with your unis and explain you plan to resit in October. They will let you know if they will give you a deferred offer or not, and you can plan from there.

You may want to join the resit chat thread here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=7072676

This thread about reapplying to med school for 2022 may also be useful to you: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...953002&page=76
becausethenight
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
od morning....I was predicted AABand was aiming for medicine and had conditional offer at 2 universities..but ended up with ABB. I'm looking to resit those 2 papers to try again for medicine (as they need AAA)

Few queries please -

Thank you so much...
Hey, please don't double post - have you seen the answer to your query here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...#post95682259?

04MR17 could you move this into medicine please and I'll merge the threads? :ta:
becausethenight
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by chazzacakes)
Hi do the oct 2022 exams count as resits or because they were centre assesed they don't count
No, they count as first sits.
OP has been answered above and here https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...9#post95682259
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by becausethenight)

04MR17 could you move this into medicine please and I'll merge the threads? :ta:
I don't have perms here :nah:
becausethenight
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by 04MR17)
I don't have perms here :nah:
Apologies do you know who does? I'll report it asking for the move but it's usually quicker to tag somebody (if I can get the right person )
RamVeer
Rep:
(Original post by becausethenight)
Hey, please don't double post - have you seen the answer to your query here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...#post95682259?

My apologies...I initially posted in the wrong thread
How do I move this under medicine please? Infact I'm happy for the other post to be deleted

Sorry again about the confusion and inconvenience
becausethenight
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
My apologies...I initially posted in the wrong thread
How do I move this under medicine please? Infact I'm happy for the other post to be deleted

Sorry again about the confusion and inconvenience
You can't move it, so we are just waiting for one of the other mods to do it
No worries, TSR can be hard to navigate!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (21)
8.61%
Okay (72)
29.51%
A bit lacking (91)
37.3%
Not good at all (60)
24.59%

Watched Threads