The Student Room Group

Is this normal for Tesco workers?

Hi! I hope everyone is well.
I have recently started working at a tesco customer fulfilment centre as a dotcom picker. It's fairly straight forward and I am happy getting on with the job (albeit slow progress due to only two shifts a week).
However, I feel a bit ostracised. I've not spoken to or been approached by any other workers and feel like an outsider.
Further to this, as there are so many team leaders and managers who I have not been introduced to, I still feel unprepared for the role. How holiday dates are confirmed, breaks are worked out as flexi and things similar haven't been explained and I feel a bit of a nuisance when I ask.

Is this normal and/or has anyone else experienced this? I'm used to working in small teams so maybe it's that. I feel more and more anxious before every shift.
I'd be so grateful for any tips or inputs!

Thank you!
Original post by ICantDoMathsFfs
I have recently started working at a tesco customer fulfilment centre as a dotcom picker. It's fairly straight forward and I am happy getting on with the job (albeit slow progress due to only two shifts a week).
However, I feel a bit ostracised. I've not spoken to or been approached by any other workers and feel like an outsider.
Further to this, as there are so many team leaders and managers who I have not been introduced to, I still feel unprepared for the role. How holiday dates are confirmed, breaks are worked out as flexi and things similar haven't been explained and I feel a bit of a nuisance when I ask.

Is this normal and/or has anyone else experienced this? I'm used to working in small teams so maybe it's that. I feel more and more anxious before every shift.

Thank you!

Best advice I can give you is when you are on shift next time go and see your immediate manager and explain situation okay.
Team Leader should have been introduced to you the day you started so you knowwho to approach if any issues plus you should have been introduced to supervisor as well.

Breaks are usually taken sometimes when you are told to take it depending how many hours you work each day ok.
Holidays are put in advance for when you want it of but you can also be denied those dates to as obviously first come first serve basically, also it can depend on staffing levels to.

I don't work in the dot.com side unfortunately as I'm in shop floor side in Tesco as team leader and stand in supervisor.
What you said should not be happening to you as you should be told by either supervisor or team leader what to do ok.

Stick in with things for now and hopefully things will improve for you as I think you need to go and speak to manager and explain the situation and see what they have to say to you about it. Staff should be helping more.
Original post by Tracey_W
Best advice I can give you is when you are on shift next time go and see your immediate manager and explain situation okay.
Team Leader should have been introduced to you the day you started so you knowwho to approach if any issues plus you should have been introduced to supervisor as well.

Breaks are usually taken sometimes when you are told to take it depending how many hours you work each day ok.
Holidays are put in advance for when you want it of but you can also be denied those dates to as obviously first come first serve basically, also it can depend on staffing levels to.

I don't work in the dot.com side unfortunately as I'm in shop floor side in Tesco as team leader and stand in supervisor.
What you said should not be happening to you as you should be told by either supervisor or team leader what to do ok.

Stick in with things for now and hopefully things will improve for you as I think you need to go and speak to manager and explain the situation and see what they have to say to you about it. Staff should be helping more.

How do you have time to be a midwife doing 12 hour shifts and work as a team leader in Tesco ?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by MissRita07
How do you have time to be a midwife doing 12 hour shifts and work as a team leader in Tesco ?

I managed things as it called having 4 days off that allows me to continue working with tesco.
Original post by ICantDoMathsFfs

Thank you!

I'm late
But I've been experiencing the exact same thing
I guess its normal

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending