If I do the autumn exams will have have to wait until I receive the grades to apply

Watch
user2313
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
If I take my exams in autumn 2021 and I wanted to apply to unis do I have to wait until I receive my results before applying for UCAS?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
No

You can apply before or after your results

You'll need to declare all of your results though - both the Summer and the Autumn sittings need to be listed.
Corpus Callosum
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
With the autumn exams, does anyone know when we'll get our results for them? Will we have to get predicted grades in order to apply for UCAS if we don't get the results in time?
McGinger
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Corpus Callosum)
With the autumn exams, does anyone know when we'll get our results for them? Will we have to get predicted grades in order to apply for UCAS if we don't get the results in time?
Results usually in January - not sure when.
As above - you apply with predicted grades in the normal way.
PastelColours
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Corpus Callosum)
You get the results in December
user2313
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by PQ)
No

You can apply before or after your results

You'll need to declare all of your results though - both the Summer and the Autumn sittings need to be listed.
Why do both need to be listed? What if I don't list the summer ones then what happens?
McGinger
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by user2313)
Why do both need to be listed? What if I don't list the summer ones then what happens?
Because UCAS inists on this so that Unis have te full picture of your academic background.
If you dont its fraud and UCAS can cancel your application for this reason - so list them.
user2313
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by McGinger)
Because UCAS inists on this so that Unis have te full picture of your academic background.
If you dont its fraud and UCAS can cancel your application for this reason - so list them.
Oh ok, also do I HAVE to mention all the subjects I did, I did 4 a levels but I don't want to mention one of the subjects, could I get in trouble if I just list 3 of my a levels?
McGinger
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You must list them all - the Unis and UCAS can compare what you declare against an exam board data feed.
Why dont you want to declare this one subject?
Admit-One
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If it’s a low grade in a fourth subject then unis won’t care. They will care if you start omitting bits of your education history. Don’t get excluded from the cycle for something that’s going to make no difference.
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Universities care far more about applicants who try to lie to them than about any low grades in odd subjects.

Academic misconduct is taken very seriously by universities.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (236)
57.28%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (53)
12.86%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (46)
11.17%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (36)
8.74%
I haven't started researching yet (23)
5.58%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
4.37%

Watched Threads