The Student Room Group

Best technology for Illustration students

I'm starting BA Illustration in September and I was just wondering whether it is worth getting an iPad or Wacom and a Laptop for uni? Or just getting a Laptop? I'd like to know what previous or current Illustration students used during their first year :smile:
Hey there!

My name is Jess, and I'm a current MA Illustration Student. I graduated from my Illustration degree last year!
That's a really good question! During my first year, I used my laptop and a wacom tablet that I could plug in so I could use photoshop. As I progressed throughout the years, I bought an iPad and apple pencil, and personally, much prefer using that - it's so much more portable, I find it so much easier to bring into Uni!
Here at PCA, we have an Equipment Resource Centre where we have over 6000 pieces of equipment that we can take out for free, wacom tablets included! So I had a play on a few different models which was very helpful in the long term!
It really is about personal preference so if you can have a go on anybody else's before totally committing, that's what I'd recommend doing! I wish I'd tried an iPad before making my decision as it would have saved me money in the long run! I love using Procreate!

Best of luck deciding!
Jess
Student Ambassador and MA Illustration Student
Thank you! :smile:
Original post by Gracejones03
Thank you! :smile:

Not a problem!! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending