The Student Room Group

Revision techniques A-Levels

Hi there,

I am currently in year 12 going into year 13 after summer. I normally use flashcards for revision, so I had the idea (since I have the sufficient year 13 textbooks) to make my flashcards in advance. I would write them out and obviously try to learn it before putting it aside. So in year 13, when i'm learning a topic, I can use my pre-written flashcards to refer for revision and hence spend more time doing past papers, questions etc.

Do you think that's a good idea?

(The subjects I am doing are Biology, Psychology and History)
Original post by NM-04
Hi there,

I am currently in year 12 going into year 13 after summer. I normally use flashcards for revision, so I had the idea (since I have the sufficient year 13 textbooks) to make my flashcards in advance. I would write them out and obviously try to learn it before putting it aside. So in year 13, when i'm learning a topic, I can use my pre-written flashcards to refer for revision and hence spend more time doing past papers, questions etc.

Do you think that's a good idea?

(The subjects I am doing are Biology, Psychology and History)

The method you have outlined might work, but it's not necessary. I suggest you spend more time going over past topics so you don't forget them. :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
I think it's a pretty good idea, but remember not to dedicate too much of your time making them this summer - we've got to learn in-depth if we want to get ahead of our A2 content and having the flashcards pre-made reduce the time wasted on preparing and you can focus to revise and memorise instead.

However, I would suggest you only make about half the flashcards before heading into y13 - this way, you can write down stuff on flashcards that you genuinely need to revise/are the most helpful instead of having a handful that are just there for the sake of being there.

Hope this helped!

Quick Reply

Latest