The Student Room Group

Really confused please respond

Hello, I got 3 a* and 5As in GCSE and 4A* in A levels. So what are my chances at Lse, Kcl, Ucl?. I am an international student and I will be applying for Law. I am currently doing an internship at a top law firm in my country and I have done 15 plus muns and was president of mun society till previous year.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Qalb e
Hello, I got 3 a* and 5As in GCSE and 4A* in A levels. So what are my chances at Lse, Kcl, Ucl?. I am an international student and I will be applying for Law. I am currently doing an internship at a top law firm in my country and I have done 15 plus muns and was president of mun society till previous year.

no chance
Is this serious?
Reply 3
Original post by ashtolga23
Is this serious?

why sir
Original post by Qalb e

Don’t forget it’s not just to do with the grades, it’s about spaces on the course and how strong your personal statement is. But you definitely have a good chance since you have good a levels, they don’t really care so much with gcses as long as you’ve passed the main ones.
Reply 5
Original post by Mathstarget10
Don’t forget it’s not just to do with the grades, it’s about spaces on the course and how strong your personal statement is. But you definitely have a good chance since you have good a levels, they don’t really care so much with gcses as long as you’ve passed the main ones.

are my GCSE not good enough 3 9s and 5 7s according to the new system?
Original post by Qalb e

Should match the grade requirements, strange that your gcses are the old ones though but unis only need 8 total so you're gucci
4 A*s is always nice to have especially further maths for econ, Law is brutal with the memorising and completely soul crushing after that but the money can be good if you are
I'd go for it, all the unis you picked are heavily international and in London so if you're looking to experience British culture you won't find much there; up to you if you want the experience of living here or just the degree really but you've got the chops if you want it
gl pal
Reply 7
Original post by Lord_Pharoah
Should match the grade requirements, strange that your gcses are the old ones though but unis only need 8 total so you're gucci
4 A*s is always nice to have especially further maths for econ, Law is brutal with the memorising and completely soul crushing after that but the money can be good if you are
I'd go for it, all the unis you picked are heavily international and in London so if you're looking to experience British culture you won't find much there; up to you if you want the experience of living here or just the degree really but you've got the chops if you want it
gl pal

thank you in our country Cambridge offers an old system of grading
Original post by Qalb e

No sorry, unless you didn't do platinum DofE or NCS you have no chance. I did a placement as the prime minister's aide for a week and also served for the Royal Navy for 12 years. In addition to that, I did 6 A levels (Maths, FM, Additional maths, Additional further maths, Maths for experts and Physics) and got A* in all of them, I even did a math degree early because I did my maths A level at 7 years old. In fact, I was invited by Gavin Williamson to write the 2019 A level Maths and Further Maths papers. I'm now a global ambassador for Edexcel and soon to be CEO. I applied for LSE but got rejected less than an hour later :mad:

The only university that ended up accepting me was the University of West London, so to repeat myself you definitely don't have a chance.
thousands of people get 4 A*s at Alevel and he only has 8 GCSEs, not unrealistic at all m9
you do ok?
hm maybe he is rich bich saudi oil lord looking for praise
didn't work though if that was the plan
why would anyone be praised for good exam results by strangers on the internet in a thread they made about applying to uni
if it's a cry for attention it's a really sh*t one anyway
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 11
hm maybe he is rich bich saudi oil lord looking for praise
didn't work though if that was the plan
why would anyone be praised for good exam results by strangers on the internet in a thread they made about applying to uni
if it's a cry for attention it's a really sh*t one anyway

it's not a cry for attention. I seriously want replies on whether my profile is good enough for kings, UCL,lse
Original post by Qalb e
it's not a cry for attention. I seriously want replies on whether my profile is good enough for kings, UCL,lse

yeah bro you're good, gcses are bare minimum but they only care about the cutoff point for those
4 A*s is good, don't know many others who got that this year, lot of my friends were disappointed
Just keep in my those unis don't have a student atmosphere and again there won't be a new culture to discover, it's really about what matters to you since there are great law departments all around the country
Original post by Qalb e

Do the research and you could see its good enough for Cambridge
Reply 14
yeah bro you're good, gcses are bare minimum but they only care about the cutoff point for those
4 A*s is good, don't know many others who got that this year, lot of my friends were disappointed
Just keep in my those unis don't have a student atmosphere and again there won't be a new culture to discover, it's really about what matters to you since there are great law departments all around the country

sir, I come from a country where these universities are highly acclaimed along with Oxbridge obviously.
Original post by TheKira
No sorry, unless you didn't do platinum DofE or NCS you have no chance. I did a placement as the prime minister's aide for a week and also served for the Royal Navy for 12 years. In addition to that, I did 6 A levels (Maths, FM, Additional maths, Additional further maths, Maths for experts and Physics) and got A* in all of them, I even did a math degree early because I did my maths A level at 7 years old. In fact, I was invited by Gavin Williamson to write the 2019 A level Maths and Further Maths papers. I'm now a global ambassador for Edexcel and soon to be CEO. I applied for LSE but got rejected less than an hour later :mad:

The only university that ended up accepting me was the University of West London, so to repeat myself you definitely don't have a chance.

The 5 maths A-Levels I would cry :handkiss:
Original post by Qalb e
sir, I come from a country where these universities are highly acclaimed along with Oxbridge obviously.

Really? That's quite interesting in the UK basically only Oxbridge gets recognition - while the other Unis look good they don't necessarily give benefits when it comes to the working world
Reply 17
Original post by Qalb e

If this is serious then yeah, you shouldn't have too much of a hard time getting into it. I don't know why you're confused though; pretty sure it's quite easy to find out if you can get in or not
Original post by AmIReallyHere
Really? That's quite interesting in the UK basically only Oxbridge gets recognition - while the other Unis look good they don't necessarily give benefits when it comes to the working world

ehhh oxbridge will open a few doors for you but it's not so black and white, the insta hire ability only works for the first few years out of uni and then it's all about the connects
you can get a lot out of it but you need to networkmaxx, additionally you will be a known personality so everything you are know for or do at uni will follow you throughout your career
Reply 19
Original post by AmIReallyHere

I don't think so because all mentioned institutes have great repute

Original post by Slx.24
If this is serious then yeah, you shouldn't have too much of a hard time getting into it. I don't know why you're confused though; pretty sure it's quite easy to find out if you can get in or not

Sir my cousin who is currently in oxford said that you don't stand chance that's why I created this thread

Quick Reply

Latest