sacredheart689
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
My University has a cyber attack in December / January 2021 and has had to push back the due dates of corse work. They are not accepting Extenuating Circumstances claim forms as they say they are giving us an extra 10 days . Surely regardless of this the university has to accept claim forms especially in the COVID situation.

Also the revised due dates for s1 (2020/2021) were pushed back . The new due date became the first submission date . You could get feedback on your coursework and then were able to resubmit for higher scores before a given date in April . If you were allowed to complete a claim form then the first submission date would be in the resit period in April (end) and a resit in August 2021. But because they removed the ability to complete the claim forms this impacted .

The uni said also that the no detriment policy would kick in between 12th and 16th April. If your submission date was the 12th and you submitted on the 13th you should be covered by the no detriment policy but they have disallowed this.

Please advise

Disgruntled somewhere in the UK
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
What is your current situation?
When did you submit things?
What are you currently unsure about?
sacredheart689
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello. I am so sorry for not replying. I completely forgot about this site .

The university is making me re-do year 2 coursework.

I've had a meeting with the DESE and they take no responsibility. They won't answer the EC issue.

It's all very complicated and they are not budging.
04MR17
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by sacredheart689)
Hello. I am so sorry for not replying. I completely forgot about this site .

The university is making me re-do year 2 coursework.

I've had a meeting with the DESE and they take no responsibility. They won't answer the EC issue.

It's all very complicated and they are not budging.
Re doing year 2 coursework on top of year 3?
Or fully repeating year 2?

What is it you are looking for advice on?
sacredheart689
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by 04MR17)
Re doing year 2 coursework on top of year 3?
Or fully repeating year 2?

The DESE meeting was done on line with the interim DESE who is also The Business School head ..
They originally said the whole year but 5 weeks into the current semester I have finally got the correct diary info and course work ..they have made me re-do the non competed modules X 3.

They disallowed EC but have students an auto extension after the due date but this meant that the likes of the exam board never got to know about EC ..my mom was diagnosed with cancer and lives the opposite end of the country ..the EC dept were not accepting any emaials on EC due to a date breach from December 2020.

The meeting I had with the interim DESE'S took place a few weeks after the exam board sat but I keep being told that regardless of what I add or say in addition to what was talked about in the meeting (not minuted) would not change the decision made by the Exam Board ..the Exam Board had not input as it happened before my meeting took place

I also had a piece of course work that went unmarked as it was a day late (but i don't think it was) :: due to IT issues I was askes to mail the coursework to the lecturers by head of The Business School . But was not put through Turnitin etc : as it has taken LSBU 5 weeks into the current semester to sort out access to course work, I asked if i could use the unmarked coursework as a base and add to this / make changes: I asked the course director: They said that this was not agreed ..in fact it was never raised in the meeting (i had a friend sit in on the meeting with me) and he backed me up. But they won't budge
04MR17
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by sacredheart689)
The DESE meeting was done on line with the interim DESE who is also The Business School head ..
They originally said the whole year but 5 weeks into the current semester I have finally got the correct diary info and course work ..they have made me re-do the non competed modules X 3.

They disallowed EC but have students an auto extension after the due date but this meant that the likes of the exam board never got to know about EC ..my mom was diagnosed with cancer and lives the opposite end of the country ..the EC dept were not accepting any emaials on EC due to a date breach from December 2020.

The meeting I had with the interim DESE'S took place a few weeks after the exam board sat but I keep being told that regardless of what I add or say in addition to what was talked about in the meeting (not minuted) would not change the decision made by the Exam Board ..the Exam Board had not input as it happened before my meeting took place

I also had a piece of course work that went unmarked as it was a day late (but i don't think it was) :: due to IT issues I was askes to mail the coursework to the lecturers by head of The Business School . But was not put through Turnitin etc : as it has taken LSBU 5 weeks into the current semester to sort out access to course work, I asked if i could use the unmarked coursework as a base and add to this / make changes: I asked the course director: They said that this was not agreed ..in fact it was never raised in the meeting (i had a friend sit in on the meeting with me) and he backed me up. But they won't budge
This thread information is very helpful but what I need from you are answers to my questions. Which were:
Are you re doing year 2 coursework on top of year 3?
You said you were resitting 3 modules but are you receiving the teaching for those modules?

What is it you want me to addressed? Your situation seems very unfortunate and I'm really sorry about what you've been through. But you need to tell me what you want out of our conversation
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you find most difficult about revising?

Prioritising what to revise (13)
10.32%
Remembering what was covered in lessons (2)
1.59%
Finding the time to revise (8)
6.35%
Finding the motivation (35)
27.78%
Getting distracted (17)
13.49%
Procrastination (50)
39.68%
Having the tools you need (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.79%

Watched Threads