Ahmed 002
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi , I have just received the results for my BTEC level 1 business. I have got DD, can anyone who is familiar with the grading system tell me my result is better than good or just average.

Thanks
Hazelly
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Ahmed 002)
Hi , I have just received the results for my BTEC level 1 business. I have got DD, can anyone who is familiar with the grading system tell me my result is better than good or just average.

Thanks
That's an amazing grade, it's two distinctions!

You should be proud of yourself well done
Ahmed 002
Rep:
(Original post by Hazelly)
That's an amazing grade, it's two distinctions!

You should be proud of yourself well done
Hey thank you. Did you do BTEC? I got all distinctions in each and every unit but I don't why I didn't get D*, but does it really matter?
Hazelly
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Hey thank you. Did you do BTEC? I got all distinctions in each and every unit but I don't why I didn't get D*, but does it really matter?
Yes I did a level 3 extended diploma BTEC. Are you going to be doing another year of your BTEC? perhaps that's why.
Ahmed 002
Rep:
Yes I did a level 3 extended diploma BTEC. Are you going to be doing another year of your BTEC? perhaps that's why.
Yes I did level 1 and now I will be starting Level 3 in this September... my tutors have made me skip level 2(which is surely good as I have saved one year)
Ahmed 002
Rep:
Yes I did level 1 and now I will be starting Level 3 in this September... my tutors have made me skip level 2(which is surely good as I have saved one year)
So D* can only be achieved after the extended diploma, after level 3?
Hazelly
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I'm not too sure what you mean with your tutor skipping a level?
Hazelly
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
So D* can only be achieved after the extended diploma, after level 3?
Is that what you're doing, a level 3 diploma?
Ahmed 002
Rep:
I'm not too sure what you mean with your tutor skipping a level?
I have been promoted to level 3 instead level 2 on the basis of my performance
Ahmed 002
Rep:
Is that what you're doing, a level 3 diploma?
I will be starting level 3 this Sept, i have just completed level 1
Last edited by Ahmed 002; 3 months ago
Hazelly
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I will be starting level 3 this Sept, i have just completed level 1
So you didn't skip level 2 then?

Usually how a level 3 diploma works is that you do your foundation year in which you gain one grade (e.g. D - Distinction). Then in your second year you're focused on achieving all three grades (e.g., DDD). If that makes sense?
Ahmed 002
Rep:
So you didn't skip level 2 then?

Usually how a level 3 diploma works is that you do your foundation year in which you gain one grade (e.g. D - Distinction). Then in your second year you're focused on achieving all three grades (e.g., DDD). If that makes sense?
Crystal clear. Could I have achieved D* D* in Level 1 or the highest in Level 1 is D?
Hazelly
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Crystal clear. Could I have achieved D* D* in Level 1 or the highest in Level 1 is D?
Level 1 is a D or D*

I'm not sure how you got DD at level 1 though?

brainzistheword am I right? (I'm trying to remember how I was graded two years ago :laugh: - hope you don't mind me tagging you!)
Ahmed 002
Rep:
Level 1 is a D or D*

brainzistheword am I right? (I'm trying to remember how I was graded two years ago :laugh: - hope you don't mind me tagging you!)
LOL idk but I got DD
brainzistheword
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Level 1 is a D or D*

Thanks for the tag

I think you're right and it's one grade at Level 1. The only way I can see Ahmed 002 getting two grades is if you have completed enough units to gain the credits for those two grades.

Did you take any additional/optional units once your tutor decided you should skip a level? I'm just wondering if your D*D* grade has come about because you've studied Level 2 units as well...
Ahmed 002
Rep:
(Original post by brainzistheword)
Thanks for the tag

I think you're right and it's one grade at Level 1. The only way I can see Ahmed 002 getting two grades is if you have completed enough units to gain the credits for those two grades.

Did you take any additional/optional units once your tutor decided you should skip a level? I'm just wondering if your D*D* grade has come about because you've studied Level 2 units as well...
My tutors decided the skipping of a level after the completion of all units. I don't really think I have done anything related to Level 2 .. I think I have only done L1 and there were total 10 units in it.
username2889862
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
D, D is a Destinction and that is equivalent to two Grade A's at BTEC. Well done!
MissHokage
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Hey
I did a level 2 BTEC certificate and got an MP. What is it equivalent to?
MissHokage
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 3 months ago

Thanks
Well done :congrats:. You got distinctions
Ahmed 002
Rep:
(Original post by MissHokage)
Well done :congrats:. You got distinctions
Thank you so much. Congratulations on your result as well.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (32)
10.13%
Okay (93)
29.43%
A bit lacking (113)
35.76%
Not good at all (78)
24.68%

Watched Threads