jasdheudjdu
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Im retaking as I got CCC in maths, bio and chem this year. How would I go about applying to the same unis? Would I put down my predicted grades that I got in year 12? I dont know what Im doing
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by jasdheudjdu)
Im retaking as I got CCC in maths, bio and chem this year. How would I go about applying to the same unis? Would I put down my predicted grades that I got in year 12? I dont know what Im doing
You need to list your achieved grades, then list your resits as pending. You would need new predictions for your resits.

When are you planning to resit?
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
So you would make a fresh application on UCAS for the next cycle.

You have to declare all the grades from any of your qualifications - including the ones you got this week.
Then you list the ones you're retaking (I assume next summer?) as pending, your UCAS referee will usually be the person who enters your predictions - not you.

So it'll look like:
A Level 2021 - C
A Level 2021 - C
A Level 2021 - C
A Level 2022 - [Pending]
A Level 2022 - [Pending]
A Level 2022 - [Pending]
jasdheudjdu
Rep:
(Original post by SarcAndSpark)
You need to list your achieved grades, then list your resits as pending. You would need new predictions for your resits.

When are you planning to resit?
ohhhh rightt thank you !
im planning on doing chemistry this autumn and maths and bio in the summer. hopefully it all works out :/
jasdheudjdu
Rep:
(Original post by 04MR17)
So you would make a fresh application on UCAS for the next cycle.

You have to declare all the grades from any of your qualifications - including the ones you got this week.
Then you list the ones you're retaking (I assume next summer?) as pending, your UCAS referee will usually be the person who enters your predictions - not you.

So it'll look like:
A Level 2021 - C
A Level 2021 - C
A Level 2021 - C
A Level 2022 - [Pending]
A Level 2022 - [Pending]
A Level 2022 - [Pending]
ohhh thank youu !!! so with regards to my predicteds, would i have to talk to my teachers in each subjects to confirm a prediction ? also, would some unis reject me due to my past a level grades ?
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
ohhhh rightt thank you !
im planning on doing chemistry this autumn and maths and bio in the summer. hopefully it all works out :/
Do check with unis if you are planning to mix and match in this way, as some are less keen on it. Especially if you're considering something like medicine (just from looking at the subjects).

I hope it all works out for you, though!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (21)
8.61%
Okay (72)
29.51%
A bit lacking (91)
37.3%
Not good at all (60)
24.59%

Watched Threads