how do i get all 9s at gcse?? from a yr10

Watch
harlz_chalamet
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
after seeing everyones results, it has really motivated me to do well in my exams. i want to use the summer as a time to catch up on my work.
atm, i'm getting 6s, 7s and 8s however i want to try and increase my grade by at least 1-2 levels.

i'm studying:
higher maths
triple science
geography
cooking
drama
french
english lang
english lit - macbeth, insepctor calls and a christmas carol

i have the cgp books and workbooks for pretty much all of the subjects expect for drama and cooking and i am trying to get up to date with what i have already studied in class.

i struggle the most with maths and i am improving in english

thank youuuu
tlewis04
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
In English, I got a six but I’m currently working at a B for English at A Level. The best advice anyone can give is annotate. I use see-through coloured tabs I bought from Amazon and I annotate the books and then key code them with tabs. I don’t know if this makes sense much but I’ll attach an example of the key I use Name:  05656287-6AF7-416F-A93E-F0B35EEA66B4.jpg.jpeg
Views: 15
Size:  13.9 KB
tlewis04
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Okay that picture was really bad
billi_1711
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 6 days ago
what i usually do is just use past practice papers for revision and every month/term I do one and I practice what I failed or didn't understand. Once I've gone through it a handful of times I understand it and to help myself remember I teach my friend something I learnt. I'm doing GCSEs atm and I just practice with A-level past papers but you can use GCSE past papers.hope this helps
ciaralb
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by billi_1711)
what i usually do is just use past practice papers for revision and every month/term I do one and I practice what I failed or didn't understand. Once I've gone through it a handful of times I understand it and to help myself remember I teach my friend something I learnt. I'm doing GCSEs atm and I just practice with A-level past papers but you can use GCSE past papers.hope this helps
Just reiterating this - past papers will save your life.
Purdy7
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 6 days ago
For maths practice as much as you can, for the others have a look at these on You Tube

Active recall
Spaced repitition
Mind maps
Flash cards
Acronyms
Mnemonics

These vloggers all have how to videos and have either passed degrees or currently studying:

Ruby Granger
Unjaded Jade
Ali Abdaal
Eve Cornwall
Holy Gabrielle

Ps for English look at Mr Bruff on You Tube as well.

Good luck.
Last edited by Purdy7; 6 days ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (13)
9.15%
Okay (42)
29.58%
A bit lacking (50)
35.21%
Not good at all (37)
26.06%

Watched Threads