Why I chose to study Law | student blog

Watch this thread
University of Bradford
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Lara studies LLB Law at The University of Bradford, she tells us why she chose to study her course.

Discover our Law courses and apply through Clearing for September 2021 entry!

Name:  lara.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  71.7 KB

"When I decided to study law, I was mainly interested in the human rights field. I realised that knowing your rights is really empowering. This degree is also a mix of the other subjects that I was interested in such as economics, politics and history. Indeed the legal system of a country is the fruit of its history and of its culture."

"As a law student in Bradford, you will get many opportunities to do pro bono work.

In your third year, you can be part of the law clinic. You will work in the Citizen’s Advice Bureau (CAB) and get to offer legal advice to clients. It is an amazing practical experience that will help you go outside of your comfort zone. You will learn how to work as a team and how to interact with real customers. You should also definitely try to be part of mock trials (where you pretend to be a barrister). It can be quite scary but it will help you develop your public speaking and your confidence."

"University is all about challenging yourself and finding your path. Completing a law degree will lead to amazing opportunities you never would have thought of."

Read more from Lara in her blog post
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (54)
69.23%
In the post (3)
3.85%
Text (10)
12.82%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (11)
14.1%

Watched Threads