The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Applied for accommodation after deadline

Hi, I applied for St. Andrew's accommodation after the deadline because I didn't see the email sent to me on April about accommodation applications. I understand that if I don't have a room for the upcoming fall semester, it's completely my fault. Does anyone know if I would still have a chance to get a room?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Hamz.313
Hi, I applied for St. Andrew's accommodation after the deadline because I didn't see the email sent to me on April about accommodation applications. I understand that if I don't have a room for the upcoming fall semester, it's completely my fault. Does anyone know if I would still have a chance to get a room?

Hi, I am in exactly the same boat! I am not sure about the chances-I spoke to accommodation a couple of days ago and they said that I'd be given what (if anything) is left but they said we would be given an answer sometime in the next week. However, after reading articles about them being oversubscribed it doesn't look very likely so I am joining accommodation group chats etc. so I can try and get a back-up plan at least. That is probably not the most helpful comment but that's all I know at the moment. I don't think we'll be the only ones in this position.
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 2
Original post by Twilight_M3
Hi, I am in exactly the same boat! I am not sure about the chances-I spoke to accommodation a couple of days ago and they said that I'd be given what (if anything) is left but they said we would be given an answer sometime in the next week. However, after reading articles about them being oversubscribed it doesn't look very likely so I am joining accommodation group chats etc. so I can try and get a back-up plan at least. That is probably not the most helpful comment but that's all I know at the moment. I don't think we'll be the only ones in this position.

Understandable. May I know what's the use of accommodation group chats and where I can find them? I'm very new to this so I don't really know where to look for resources.
Original post by Hamz.313
Understandable. May I know what's the use of accommodation group chats and where I can find them? I'm very new to this so I don't really know where to look for resources.

Don't worry, I am too. I got a Facebook account and on there you can join groups like 'Get a Room St Andrews' and other accommodation groups (just search St Andrews and they'll come up). On there, sometimes people advertise properties or spaces in flats (eg. if a group of 3 friends have a fourth space in their flat and are looking for a flatmate) or you can say that you're looking for a flat/house/flatmate. Hope that helps :smile:
Update: I spoke to accommodation again and they said we'll now find out next week. I asked how likely it was to get accommodation and they said they didn't have an answer to that but it would likely be in Dundee if we did. I asked what would happen if we didn't get accommodation and they said we could either look for private accommodation on our own or decide to take a gap year. I've started looking for private accommodation so if anyone else is in the same boat, feel free to pm me : )

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending