The Student Room Group

Which Olympic games was the first one you watched

Beijing 2008
Really amazing, as the entire China, including HK is united. HK also played a part, paying host to the equestrian events in Sha Tin and Fanling.
Reply 1
The London 2012 Summer Olympics was my first one i watched as it was always on tv however i haven't really watched this years one apart from skateboarding and climbing
I’ve got to be honest, I only watch part of the opening ceremonies and that’s me done for the Olympics. I watched part of Japan’s OC and the London OC in 2012.
London 2012- although I actively try not to watch the Olympics because of how boring they are.
2012 - First time I discovered Neymar (footballer) and his whacky hair.
Barcelona 1992. Saw Linford Christie win the 100m
Beijing 2008
Still remember the drumming, Bolt's first win and Michael Phelps being an absolute unit.
Reply 7
London 2012

I remember Usain bolt winning the 100m.
I think I saw some bits from earlier Olympics, but the first one I remember specifically watching was Beijing 2008. Which was also I think the first Olympics with the new FIG code of points after the 10.0 system!
I would've seen parts of 2008 given that my parents usually watch it, but I can only remember the 2012 olympics (for which I went to see the handball).
Original post by 8013
Beijing 2008
Really amazing, as the entire China, including HK is united. HK also played a part, paying host to the equestrian events in Sha Tin and Fanling.

properly was probably being 2008 winter olympics I'm not so sure but I've always been aware of them The first Paralympics I watched was Salt Lake.

Quick Reply

Latest