NHS Band 2 Numeracy Test: PLEASE HEKP

Watch this thread
username5093032
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
I have an interview on Saturday for an NHS band 2 position which requires a numeracy and literacy assessment. I am wondering if anyone has done an NHS numeracy assessment (ideally for band 2/3 role) and can shed some light on what kind of questions I will be asked?

I'm assuming I'll have to do basic calculations, e.g. multiplication, division, subtraction. But will there be more complex things like converting between fractions, percentages and decimals? What is the pass mark for the numeracy test? And are there any accurate practice tests online? I really need to revise but have no idea what kind of things to revise

I'm not worried about the Literacy assessment as I am good at English - but if anyone could also shed some light on that, that would be much appreciated
Last edited by username5093032; 10 months ago
Katie980
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 months ago
How did your maths test go ? I've been told I have to sit maths test as well just want to idea of what it was like and what do I need to revise
username5093032
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
(Original post by Katie980)
How did your maths test go ? I've been told I have to sit maths test as well just want to idea of what it was like and what do I need to revise
It was very simple and straightforward. I don't remember all of the questions but I remember being presented with diagrams of a clock and being asked to state what time the clock showed. I also remember the literacy being extremely basic English skills. I did no revision and passed - as did all of the other candidates. If you are applying for a band 2 role, don't worry about the numeracy assessment.
sandras1968
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hi what mark do you after get to get to level one for essesment or to get through to interview .
sandras1968
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by username5093032)
It was very simple and straightforward. I don't remember all of the questions but I remember being presented with diagrams of a clock and being asked to state what time the clock showed. I also remember the literacy being extremely basic English skills. I did no revision and passed - as did all of the other candidates. If you are applying for a band 2 role, don't worry about the numeracy assessment.
Hi what mark do you after get for level 1
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (23)
33.33%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (31)
44.93%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (14)
20.29%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.45%

Watched Threads