The Student Room Group

Maths A Level with a 7 at GCSE?

Hey, just got my GCSES back and I got a 7 in maths and I was going to take it for A Levels. I know there is a thread already on this but it is 3 years old and so thought I'd start a new one. Anyone here done A Level maths despite getting lower grades at GCSE and is it still possible to get at least an A at it without killing myself in the process? (not literally)
Reply 1
Not doing A level Maths, but it's very easy to do. You got a 7, that should be sufficient enough for you to start A level Maths.
I got an 8 in GCSE and got an A at A-level. You only need a 7 to be able to do the course anyway and I think you definitely can get an A/A* as a 7/8/9 grade student, but you have to be willing to work hard regardless of your ability. A-level Maths is tough and you need to practice, practice, practice! So don't think that just because you got a 9 at GCSE that you'd get an A/A* easily or similarly don't think that an A/A* in A-level Maths is out of reach if you've got a 7.
Reply 3
Original post by kk15405
Hey, just got my GCSES back and I got a 7 in maths and I was going to take it for A Levels. I know there is a thread already on this but it is 3 years old and so thought I'd start a new one. Anyone here done A Level maths despite getting lower grades at GCSE and is it still possible to get at least an A at it without killing myself in the process? (not literally)

Hi I think I want to do a level maths and I got a 7 in my last mock so can you update us and say what grade you're working at rn. I know everyone is different but I'm trying to compare to see how possible it is for me to improve.
(edited 2 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending