The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Exceeded gateway to medicine offer

Basically I’m eligible for the contextual offer for the 5 years course (aab) but currently hold an offer for the 6 year gateway course, is it likely they will allow me to miss the foundation year to start the 5 year course?

Any help appreciated
Original post by Anonymous
Basically I’m eligible for the contextual offer for the 5 years course (aab) but currently hold an offer for the 6 year gateway course, is it likely they will allow me to miss the foundation year to start the 5 year course?

Any help appreciated

If honestly say stick to the foundation year, because you know 100% you’ll be able to study medicine after the foundation year. Meanwhile trying to go for the 5 year there’s no guarantee that you’ll get an offer. However, if you feel strongly about it and think you have a good chance then go for it.
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
Original post by Radioactivewaste
If honestly say stick to the foundation year, because you know 100% you’ll be able to study medicine after the foundation year. Meanwhile trying to go for the 5 year there’s no guarantee that you’ll get an offer. However, if you feel strongly about it and think you have a good chance then go for it.

Thank you very much👍🏻
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you very much👍🏻

No problem :smile:
If there were spaces on the 5-year course, and you met all the entry requirements, then the Uni would have considered offering you this.

This year has been insanely competitive because of the A level grades-hike - especially in high demand subjects like Medicine. This has effectively meant 'no spaces' on many courses, and therefore no potential for being shifted between courses.

Stick with Gateway - its a good way of revising and consolidating your basic science/maths knowledge/skills after two incomplete study years, and the placements will provide you will enviable work-experience prior to starting the 5 year course in 2022. You'll start the 5 year degree in the best possible position.

Enjoy Freshers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending