The Student Room Group

Uni changed offer from conditional to unconditional

I applied for Biomedical science at university which required BBC however, I did not achieve these grades and instead got CCE which would mean I would instead attend the course with an integrated foundation year. On results day I received an email saying I got accepted with the course for 3 years, and later received an email saying my offer was made unconditional. It says on UCAS that the offer was firmly accepted as conditional but I am confused. Have I been accepted onto the 3 year course or is there something I am missing?
When they accept you, the offer is turned unconditional (because you've no longer any requirements to meet, you've done your exams and they've accepted you regardless as to your result). I'm not sure why yours hasn't, maybe something to check with them tomorrow on a phone call? Either way, an accepted offer is an accepted offer- so you should have gotten in, yes.
Reply 2
Original post by 2 I got Versions
When they accept you, the offer is turned unconditional (because you've no longer any requirements to meet, you've done your exams and they've accepted you regardless as to your result). I'm not sure why yours hasn't, maybe something to check with them tomorrow on a phone call? Either way, an accepted offer is an accepted offer- so you should have gotten in, yes.

But would it be for only 3 years or the integrated foundation year because a few months ago the letter said if I failed to achieve the required place I was guaranteed a spot on the integrated foundation route. I don’t really want to do foundation as I’ve already spent a year re sitting Y12
Original post by TA041001
But would it be for only 3 years or the integrated foundation year because a few months ago the letter said if I failed to achieve the required place I was guaranteed a spot on the integrated foundation route. I don’t really want to do foundation as I’ve already spent a year re sitting Y12

It sounds like you got into the main course since it states that the course length is 3 years. Unis sometimes accept people with lower grades than stated if not enough people get the higher grades of BBC and they need to fill the course. It sounds like you got lucky with this but I would phone the uni Admissions to check

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending