Talk about bad news... Watch

This discussion is closed.
riotgrrrl
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
My sister came home today with new scales and I was like - okay we have some you know and she was like they are a stone out, I was like noooooo, so it turns out I am now 11 and a half stone so I have to loose a stone cos I am overweight. How do people propose I do this?

Exercise - at the current moment I go to the gym once every two weeks for 2 hours

I have a rowing machine and a toner, I cant bike until the weather gets a bit clearer and I am the most rubbish person at runner, so any ideas on buidling up a healthy plan? I know everyone has done posts like this before but I really need help - people have started saying things so I just want to be thinner!

I come home most lunch times so can have whatever there is to eat. currently I have been eating a grilled cheese sandwhich with brown bread which isn't too healthy. Any thoughts on this too?

help out a fellow TSR.

Sorry this was long - anyway help!!!
HH
Cirsium
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
:eek:!!! Are you sure??? cos u really don't look it!!!! *runs away to weigh herself*....
riotgrrrl
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bekaboo)
:eek:!!! Are you sure??? cos u really don't look it!!!! *runs away to weigh herself*....
haha everyone says I dont look it - I wear the right things - just at school people have started to take the mick! Plus I am planning to try and enter for a music camp to work at over the summer (after tour) and thought it would be a good idea to get fit for that
F. Poste
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Walking! It's the only way I ever exercise (bar dancing when I'm out)! Walk everywhere and go on extra walks... I love hour-long walks with only my ipod for company
riotgrrrl
Rep:
?
(Original post by F. Poste)
Walking! It's the only way I ever exercise (bar dancing when I'm out)! Walk everywhere and go on extra walks... I love hour-long walks with only my ipod for company
i do travel ten minute walks to and from school around three times a day (i find going home at lunch and free periods easier then staying at school) and I clean which involves walking, hmm might be able to do more when it starts getting lighter. I finish a cleaning job at 5:20 every day by which time walking, even just to go home is scary!
Toy Soldier
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by historyhoney)
i do travel ten minute walks to and from school around three times a day (i find going home at lunch and free periods easier then staying at school) and I clean which involves walking, hmm might be able to do more when it starts getting lighter. I finish a cleaning job at 5:20 every day by which time walking, even just to go home is scary!
I think you have to walk non-stop for 20 minutes before you start burning fat... or something like that. I don't really know. I've recently stopped caring much about how I look and how fit I am. Turns out it doesn't matter much... except that you die earlier.... but hey who wants to be old anyway?
Cirsium
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yeh that's right. 20 minutes
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Eat lots to prevent retaining water. It's all water weight. Trust me.
Barny
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
No, thats *******s. You burn most fat at rest, and when you walk you arent raising your heartrate much so its just an accelerated rate of burning fat.

As for losing weight, stop eating crap, make an effort with your diet to only eat complex carbs, a bit of protein, and no fat.

For exercise, if you want to do some, you want to do at least 30 minutes at a time, dont make it too taxing, your heartrate should be a max of 160bpm(ish).
F. Poste
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by historyhoney)
I used to have a cleaning job.. whenever I was in a weight-loss period I'd always be really virtuous about it and clean like a maniac to burn those calories! Hoovering works
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I used to have a cleaning job.. whenever I was in a weight-loss period I'd always be really virtuous about it and clean like a maniac to burn those calories! Hoovering works
my mum's liek that. she reckons that every time she decorates a room in our house she loses about half a stone :rolleyes:

lou xxx
mudblood13
Report 14 years ago
whats a stone?
No Future
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
How tall are you? Are you sure you're overweight?
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by mudblood13)
whats a stone?
Like a rock, but smaller.
mudblood13
Report 14 years ago
No, I mean what honeyhistory was saying. And scales. What are scales. I didnt undertstand her.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I walk a lot as well, its amazing how fat people get as soon as they get a car and stop walking. I love walking in the meadows in the spring and summer, nothing like a nice hot day to be walking in the semi countryside.

Last year I did a 12 mile walk through the woods and by the river, it was 30c on that day so it was really thirsty work but I loved it.

In the winter I don't walk as much but I still try and make sure I do at least 1 mile a day. For those that know Manchester the walk from the university to the arndale centre is nothing for me, when I was in LLoret Del Mar last year I used to often walk from one end of the beach to the other a few times (about 1.5 miles each way) while my mate was sleeping in the hotel due to the 35c heat.

I believe walking is the cheapest and easiest way to loose weight, if you do at least 2-3 miles a day it should help. SOme people probably have to walk 100 miles a day though to loose any weight, I Am just lucky I don't put much weight on, its about thing thats good about my body.
mudblood13
Report 14 years ago
oops sorry never mind
technik
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
1 stone = 14 pounds
2.2 pounds = 1 kg

i remember when i was 11 stone...good few years ago now
riotgrrrl
Rep:
?
I am around 5"6/7 and weight 11.3 stone so I am a bit overweight, I am mostly just gonna exercise more (cos I wan to get fitter for the summer) not eat between meals and not have the most massivle portions I can managed lol!
MorbidAngel
Badges: 11
Report 14 years ago
if walkin makes u lose weight, hopefully ill start gaining weight now that i dont have to walk everywhere
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think the internet has made political discussion more aggressive?

Yes (36)
97.3%
No (1)
2.7%

Watched Threads