The Student Room Group

Picking subjects

I am going to year 12 now and I would like to study sociology, applied science, health and social care. I am also interested on studying criminology but have to pick between health and social care and criminology.
In the future I would like to undertake the nursing career. I don’t know which one to pick…
Reply 1
Original post by Terissa_04
I am going to year 12 now and I would like to study sociology, applied science, health and social care. I am also interested on studying criminology but have to pick between health and social care and criminology.
In the future I would like to undertake the nursing career. I don’t know which one to pick…

If you want someone to tell you to do HSC because you want to do nursing.... that's not the case.
The universities that are picky about what A level subjects they want to see have a list they want to see prospective nursing students doing one of, and they tend not to care what the other 2 are. Not all universities are picky. Come on, my A levels were Maths, history, German and I'm now a nurse. Whatever you decide to do, either 2 or all 3 of your options would be on University of Manchester's current list (biology, chemistry, sociology, psychology, applied science, HSC - https://www.manchester.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/2021/10971/bnurs-adult-nursing/entry-requirements/#course-profile )

Whichever of HSC and criminology you find more interesting as an A level option, pick that one. It's the one you're more likely to get the better grade in.
Reply 2
maths, english and a science biology/human biology
Reply 3
Thank you for your advice. I will then try to choose what I am more interested in studying.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending