Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi, so I am applying for computer science this year for university and I just had a question about the MAT. So, I am applying to Oxford, as well as Warwick, Durham, Southampton and Bristol. I was wondering if I screw the MAT up, will the results be shared with any of these universities (apart from Oxford)? I know for Mathematics Durham, and I believe Warwick would get the results, so is this true still for computer science? Just want to know to decide whether it is worth the risk applying to Oxford.
Flibbler
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
I can’t see any scenario in which taking the MAT would negatively impact your application to unis that don’t require the MAT.
252s
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi, so I am applying for computer science this year for university and I just had a question about the MAT. So, I am applying to Oxford, as well as Warwick, Durham, Southampton and Bristol. I was wondering if I screw the MAT up, will the results be shared with any of these universities (apart from Oxford)? I know for Mathematics Durham, and I believe Warwick would get the results, so is this true still for computer science? Just want to know to decide whether it is worth the risk applying to Oxford.
When you sign up for the MAT, you or your exams officer will have the option to say which universities automatically get sent your MAT result. You can see more near the bottom of the page here.
Bap123
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
How’s the test guys?
Leriem
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Bap123)
How’s the test guys?
meh not too bad.
mqb2766
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by fhs11707)
did ...
The exam is currently locked. No question/answer discussion.
Pls delete
Adi-mehrotra
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
It was pretty bad
Adi-mehrotra
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
I prob got 8-9 on mult. choice, but on the long answer i didnt get past part iv on any, so will likely get 6-7 on each, meaning less than average for an interviewed student
JoeHop04
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Adi-mehrotra)
I prob got 8-9 on mult. choice, but on the long answer i didnt get past part iv on any, so will likely get 6-7 on each, meaning less than average for an interviewed student
That’s good to be honest. 8-9 on multiple choice already gives you 32-36%. +6-7% for each longer question could be a good 60%-70%. Certainly good enough for an intervjew
JoeHop04
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
Did anyone else find the multiple choice difficult compared to other past papers?
Adi-mehrotra
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
There's a guy in my school whos been prepping since january, and he finished all qs except 5, so he might get in the 90s. Im so depressed rn

(Original post by JoeHop04)
That’s good to be honest. 8-9 on multiple choice already gives you 32-36%. +6-7% for each longer question could be a good 60%-70%. Certainly good enough for an intervjew
Adi-mehrotra
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
Did anyone else find the multiple choice difficult compared to other past papers?
J was tricky, I tend to think theyre easy and make a lot of silly mistakes tho
fhs11707
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
yess it was so hard
ajwadivkar
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
It was definitely more difficult than some of the previous papers. :/
JoeHop04
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
There's a guy in my school whos been prepping since january, and he finished all qs except 5, so he might get in the 90s. Im so depressed rn
Nah I don’t understand how people can even get near 90. That is insane
xdebsmoses
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ajwadivkar)
Yup🥲
Adi-mehrotra
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
Nah I don’t understand how people can even get near 90. That is insane
How did you manage time for the test?
JoeHop04
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by fhs11707)
yess it was so hard
Glad it wasn’t just me. I found it really difficult for the most part
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ajwadivkar)
Do you think it was harder than 2019 paper?
JoeHop04
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
J was tricky, I tend to think theyre easy and make a lot of silly mistakes tho
I can’t exactly remember J lol. I found Q2 to be easier than some multiple choice, probably just the pressure.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (40)
31.01%
Yes - a trusted person (32)
24.81%
No (37)
28.68%
I'm not sure (20)
15.5%

Watched Threads