The Student Room Group

Health and Social Care level 3 results year 1

I got my overall result for my first year of studying BTEC and only got a pass. What can I do from here? Would it be possible to bring my grade up if I got D's next year? I don't want to apply to universities if I can't get in with my first year grade of only a pass, if that makes sense. And if I were to get D's next year, what would my overall grade be? Sorry, BTEC confuses me.
Reply 1
Original post by sgraceee
I got my overall result for my first year of studying BTEC and only got a pass. What can I do from here? Would it be possible to bring my grade up if I got D's next year? I don't want to apply to universities if I can't get in with my first year grade of only a pass, if that makes sense. And if I were to get D's next year, what would my overall grade be? Sorry, BTEC confuses me.

How many units do you have in total firstly and how many did you do in your first year?
Reply 2
13 in total I'm pretty sure, in my first year I did 6 (not including unit 6 which is done over both years).
Reply 3
Original post by sgraceee
13 in total I'm pretty sure, in my first year I did 6 (not including unit 6 which is done over both years).

you can definitely bring your grade up dw, you’re not capped at a pass, if you get distinctions next year you can get higher than a pass overall. But it also depends on what you got for each individual unit but you can ask your teachers aswell
Reply 4
thank you so much, i think ill be forcing myself to get distinctions next year :smile: thanks again!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending