Big team or small team?

Watch this thread
username5811912
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Is it better to support a big football club. E.g. Manchester United, Real Madrid,
Liverpool, Bayern Munich, PSG, etc. Because you are a glory hunter?

Or is it better to support your local team?

No disrespect to people who come from the aforementioned areas.

I mean I have supported Huddersfield Town all my life. Its been good but hooligans around my area have put me off of supporting them.

What are other people's opinions on this matter?
urlocalinmate
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 months ago
There's hooligans everywhere. Support who you regularly watch on TV and like don't be a season ticket holder because you'll come across those kinds of people. I live like 5 mins away from Huddersfield's stadium innit.

The clubs's ambition, playing style, chant and badge are what I'd look for.
username5811912
Rep:
(Original post by urlocalinmate)
There's hooligans everywhere. Support who you regularly watch on TV and like don't be a season ticket holder because you'll come across those kinds of people. I live like 5 mins away from Huddersfield's stadium innit.

The clubs's ambition, playing style, chant and badge are what I'd look for.
I get what you mean i guess it was just the hooligan bullies in my high school that put me off of supporting them. Not saying all town fans are bad of course not. I'm just saying that they put me off for life. Also the club buying players who I have never heard of. If they score 1 goal that makes them a hero. I enjoyed it when they were in league 1 but you knew who the players actually were. Household names.
rockrunride
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
You should carry on supporting Huddersfield and try and ignore the bad factions. Football fans are not monoliths, there are some with questionable views and behaviour, especially at the big clubs, yet most are entirely sound.
username5811912
Rep:
(Original post by rockrunride)
You should carry on supporting Huddersfield and try and ignore the bad factions. Football fans are not monoliths, there are some with questionable views and behaviour, especially at the big clubs, yet most are entirely sound.
Hiya. Yeah I get what you mean and things and I completely understand where you are coming from.

However. I also don't feel that spark anymore when I watch Town. I just feel they've lost their mojo. I mean I respect them but I just don't feel like they interest me as much as they used to.

I'm thinking about supporting a new club maybe.
Little pecker
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
Maybe its just me but it seems quite ridiculous to support or not support something based on fan base or followers, support it for the reason you want (if you like the club, have some sentimental reason etc.) not because of other people lmao.
username5811912
Rep:
(Original post by Little pecker)
Maybe its just me but it seems quite ridiculous to support or not support something based on fan base or followers, support it for the reason you want (if you like the club, have some sentimental reason etc.) not because of other people lmao.
Well when you have been bullied by football hooligans then I can accept your point. It scars you for life.
Little pecker
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Kentinho99)
Well when you have been bullied by football hooligans then I can accept your point. It scars you for life.
You don’t have to accept my point, I just find the perspective a bit ridiculous tbh but each their own.
username5811912
Rep:
(Original post by Little pecker)
You don’t have to accept my point, I just find the perspective a bit ridiculous tbh but each their own.
Yeah ok
rockrunride
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
Hiya. Yeah I get what you mean and things and I completely understand where you are coming from.

However. I also don't feel that spark anymore when I watch Town. I just feel they've lost their mojo. I mean I respect them but I just don't feel like they interest me as much as they used to.

I'm thinking about supporting a new club maybe.
Surely you’d want to be there if they hit the big time again? The beauty of football is that it could be in 5 or 25 years, you just don’t know. In addition it’d be an incredible feat of resilience and overcoming to turn these negative experiences/trauma into a positive.
username5811912
Rep:
(Original post by rockrunride)
Surely you’d want to be there if they hit the big time again? The beauty of football is that it could be in 5 or 25 years, you just don’t know. In addition it’d be an incredible feat of resilience and overcoming to turn these negative experiences/trauma into a positive.
I guess I get what you mean. But tbh when the old owner left I knew it wasn't the club for me. There's no passion there anymore. It used to be great and so close knit supporters and everything. But lile I say it has gone down hill dramatically.
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
Is it better to support a big football club. E.g. Manchester United, Real Madrid,
Liverpool, Bayern Munich, PSG, etc. Because you are a glory hunter?

Or is it better to support your local team?

No disrespect to people who come from the aforementioned areas.

I mean I have supported Huddersfield Town all my life. Its been good but hooligans around my area have put me off of supporting them.

What are other people's opinions on this matter?
You shouldn't your support dependent on the hooligans, they are in every team, all the more in England's big ones.
username5811912
Rep:
(Original post by Kallisto)
You shouldn't your support dependent on the hooligans, they are in every team, all the more in England's big ones.
But I'm thinking about staying away from supporting English clubs. Look to somewhere like the Bundesliga, liga nos or Serie A.
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
Meh, either or, but it's admittedly a lot 'easier' to support the huge commercial clubs at a distance and not get close enough to see any of the violence, bigotry, domestic abuse etc... Most of of the truly global clubs have make efforts to gentrify their image and customers as well in a way that a lower tier club that is really dependant on it's rougher local punters simply can't.
username5811912
Rep:
(Original post by StriderHort)
Meh, either or, but it's admittedly a lot 'easier' to support the huge commercial clubs at a distance and not get close enough to see any of the violence, bigotry, domestic abuse etc... Most of of the truly global clubs have make efforts to gentrify their image and customers as well in a way that a lower tier club that is really dependant on it's rougher local punters simply can't.
Fair point.
kaizagill
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
Big team is better than small team
comegoogle
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
Big team
kaizagill
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
Small team
mariemomi
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
Big team :crossedf:
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by kaizagill)
Big team is better than small team
Would be nice if you reason why. Is there another reason but success?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (59)
34.5%
The paper was reasonable (68)
39.77%
Not feeling great about that exam... (28)
16.37%
It was TERRIBLE (16)
9.36%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed