The Student Room Group

Women Only: Body Image #1

How do I get rid of cellulite?

How do I get rid of acne?

I have tried drinking water, I wash my face twice a day, I’ve tried a strict diet and nothing happens. I might just refer myself to a dermatologist.

As a South Asian woman, I wish I had a flat chest and bum because I don’t want people to look at those areas, they jiggle a lot and I don’t know where to put my hands.
Original post by Anonymous
How do I get rid of cellulite?

How do I get rid of acne?

I have tried drinking water, I wash my face twice a day, I’ve tried a strict diet and nothing happens. I might just refer myself to a dermatologist.

As a South Asian woman, I wish I had a flat chest and bum because I don’t want people to look at those areas, they jiggle a lot and I don’t know where to put my hands.

You should eat healthy. Some of this stuff is also genetic, so keep that in mind. Also, exercising is supposed to clear your skin, so you might wanna try that
I know you're looking for the type of advice that offers a quick fix to remove what you feel are 'flaws' in your appearance.

...But

I'm gonna be that one person who emphasises the importance of self-love, acceptance and knowing that nobody else's opinion of you matters other than your own.

Cellulite is a very common thing and most women/girls have it, no matter how much they weigh. There is absolutely nothing wrong with you for having cellulite. It's almost as normal as having hair on your scalp, but you don't see girls plucking that hair out because it doesn't "look nice". But obviously, beauty is entirely subjective and if you really want to try to improve this, here's some general advice:

Eat a healthy and balanced diet with plenty of fruit/veg, exercise at least once a week if you can, walk more during the week, drink less alcohol (if you drink at all), quit smoking (if you do), possibly have a cellulite treatment which are available at some beauty therapy places but beware as not all are guaranteed to work.

Generally take good care of your body, which will lead to lower levels of water retention, skin inflammation and cellulite (as well as whole body inflammation).

Acne, on the other hand, is a skin condition that should be treated according to its severity. If your acne is severe and has a real impact on your emotional wellbeing, it may be a good idea to seek advice from a GP or a dermatologist (going private is easiest but it is the most expensive option).

May I ask what cleanser(s) you are using on your skin and if your skin is oily/dry/combo? Where I the acne on your face (forehead, cheeks, jawline, or all over)? Do you suffer with acne anywhere else too like your back/shoulders? I may be able to give some advice.

I myself have been battling with acne for quite some time and it become quite severe over the last year. I was referred to a dermatologist (NHS) who put me on antibiotics and prescribed Epiduo gel. I have seen an improvement but I still have some scarring. So if you need any advice on what I've found works for me then I'm happy to share!

Quick Reply

Latest