The Student Room Group

Cardiac physiology

I want to study cardiac physiology but I want to know the level of difficulty in this course. Are there many exams or assignments in this degree? Are they difficult?
Original post by Btecstudent11
I want to study cardiac physiology but I want to know the level of difficulty in this course. Are there many exams or assignments in this degree? Are they difficult?

Hey,

I am currently a first year cardiac physiology student going into second year. I found first year quite durable because a lot of the modules are teaching you the basics so you will not need to go into too much depth. I haven't started second year yet but from my friends who are in second year did they say it is more intense as you will go into a lot of depth when coming to content and there are additional modules.
I had a mix of exams, assignments and portfolio. The exams vary between multiple choice questions and essay based questions. The title of the essays were good topics so I found it okay to do the essays. Then the portfolio is throughout the academic year and it's basically coursework in a way where you have to collect a lot of evidence and do many write ups to create your portfolio.

Hope this helps
Laiba. :smile:
Human and Health Sciences
Original post by Swansea University Colleges
Hey,

I am currently a first year cardiac physiology student going into second year. I found first year quite durable because a lot of the modules are teaching you the basics so you will not need to go into too much depth. I haven't started second year yet but from my friends who are in second year did they say it is more intense as you will go into a lot of depth when coming to content and there are additional modules.
I had a mix of exams, assignments and portfolio. The exams vary between multiple choice questions and essay based questions. The title of the essays were good topics so I found it okay to do the essays. Then the portfolio is throughout the academic year and it's basically coursework in a way where you have to collect a lot of evidence and do many write ups to create your portfolio.

Hope this helps

Thank you very much.
Hey,

Hope this helps

Hi if you dont mind, can I ask what your grades were for a levels and which subjects you chose. I am only taking biology as a science subject and want to do cardiac physiology. Also how is swansea uni in general?
(edited 2 years ago)
Hey,

Hope this helps

hey I’ve applied to study cardiac physiology at swansea this year and have heard back from my other uni’s but still nothing from swansea. does the process take longer for healthcare courses and when can I expect to hear back? Or do you think it’s best to call in and ask updates of my application.

thanks 😊

Quick Reply

Latest