Should I quit my job to focus on a levels?

Watch this thread
rxra.mxck
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Hi guys, I need some advice, I’m starting sixth form in just under a month, I currently work a weekend job and I’m not sure if I should quit because eu really want to focus on getting the best grades possible for university as well as playing club sports, the season starts in a couple weeks and I’m not sure wether I should quit. The only thing is I like the money haha and it’s given me something to put on cv.

What do I do??
brionyvj
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 9 months ago
its very difficult. i recently quit my job in summer (going into year 13 now) granted it was a 8-12 hour job but i wanted to focus on a levels, going out with my friends, and literally just sleeping. I am so glad I did, mainly because its a weight of my shoulders.
However, my friend had a weekend job that she absolutely loved and she was given her notice and is now looking for another job. It is different for everyone. You could give it a few weeks to see how you find it, but it is all dependent on your priorities
sofiavxx
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
So I'm in the same position as you and I've decided to quit mine (the pay wasn't as high as i wanted for the work i was doing either). I want to focus on a levels, figure out how much revision and studying time I need and also make time for social and sport. If I find I have time to spare I will take up another one in a job which is more suited to the course I want to do at uni If your job isn't soemthing that takes up your whole day and you think you can balance it definitely keep it as it would b gd to put on a cv. If you end up getting overwhelmed you can always quit.
econhelp525
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
Quit.
rxra.mxck
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
(Original post by brionyvj)
its very difficult. i recently quit my job in summer (going into year 13 now) granted it was a 8-12 hour job but i wanted to focus on a levels, going out with my friends, and literally just sleeping. I am so glad I did, mainly because its a weight of my shoulders.
However, my friend had a weekend job that she absolutely loved and she was given her notice and is now looking for another job. It is different for everyone. You could give it a few weeks to see how you find it, but it is all dependent on your priorities
Ok thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (64)
66.67%
No (25)
26.04%
I didn't use it to prepare (7)
7.29%

Watched Threads