The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
fishpaste
I can't think of any brick anywhere near me. well not redbrick.

*he says, oblivious to his lovely view out onto the UL*
Yeah, virtually all the Cambridge colleges are covered in cladding - they're brick underneath a load of crappy concrete stuff. John's isn't cladded though and it looks SO much better for it - Tudor brick is lovely! Not that I wouldn't love it if our colleges were built out of stone :smile:
Reply 102
MadNatSci
Yeah, virtually all the Cambridge colleges are covered in cladding - they're brick underneath a load of crappy concrete stuff. John's isn't cladded though and it looks SO much better for it - Tudor brick is lovely! Not that I wouldn't love it if our colleges were built out of stone :smile:

Trinity is made of stone...
Reply 103
anchemis
Trinity is made of stone...

Erm, no it isn't :p:
Reply 104
downing college website
The East Lodge can still be distinguished by the white Portland stone in which it was built whereas the rest of the College, old and new, has been built in Ketton stone, the yellow and pink tints in which add much to the beauty of the College even in dull weather, but especially in sunshine.

Downing is stone!....unless there's brick underneath - I don't know much about architecture :redface:

Emily x
Reply 105
emily87
Downing is stone!....unless there's brick underneath - I don't know much about architecture :redface:

Emily x

Agreed, Downing is made from stone, its quite apparent when you see it.
Reply 106
1. univ

2. balliol

3. keble

4. jesus

5. worcester
Enough with the photos already! They're a pain to scroll past and unnecessary!

I think you'll find Trinity is cladded. It's supposed to look like stone; it's a stupid victorian thing. Originally it would have looked a bit like St John's (though obviously Great Court is slightly larger than John's' courtyards!).
Reply 108
Aww, I love the pictures!!! Any Corpus Christi ones around??:biggrin:
Where are you getting all the pictures from, they are cool...Damnit, now have to put another thing on the list of qualities required for my final college of choice:

23: aerial view of college

:biggrin:
Reply 110
Very rarely can we students fly above our colleges like birdies to admire the aerial view. :biggrin:
Reply 111
~Raphael~
Where are you getting all the pictures from, they are cool...Damnit, now have to put another thing on the list of qualities required for my final college of choice:

23: aerial view of college

What are numbers 1-22?
Clodagh
Very rarely can we students fly above our colleges like birdies to admire the aerial view. :biggrin:

Well the people who intend to apply to Christ Church just charter a jet or whatever :biggrin: and the rest of us have to look over their shoulders :rolleyes:
Reply 113
Clodagh
Aww, I love the pictures!!! Any Corpus Christi ones around??:biggrin:

don't worry, she's a tab. As for Corpus:

Reply 114
I'm confused? Who's a tab? I'm not a tab! hehe! Hello Corpus! *waves* It looks different though. *peeps out of window* we have more plants in place now and baby trees by the windows!
yeep
don't worry, she's a tab. As for Corpus:

Yeah, I know, I'm a boring tab, but they take up soooo much space! Can you not thumbnail 'em or something?!
Reply 116
They are reeeeeeally big and a bit annoying. We just get to actually see our colleges every day rather than spend our time posting pictures of them on the internet.
keep the photos coming, they are cool for those of us who don't get tosee colleges every day 'cause we haven't applied and been accepted yet :biggrin:
Jools
Oxford
1. Keble - Good location (5 min walk to centre, very close to university parks & North Ox), good college atmosphere, very proactive crowd
2. Wadham - chilled out, fit girls, legendary bops
3. St Johns - huge (takes up half the city), cheap, high standards
4. St Peter's (I go here) - everything's at your doorstep, laid back
5. Hertford - Located in nice area (near RadCam, Kings Arms, close to High St), high standards, good bar, nice atmosphere

I like your style :biggrin: . Not convinced about St Johns though
Reply 119
~Raphael~
keep the photos coming, they are cool for those of us who don't get tosee colleges every day 'cause we haven't applied and been accepted yet :biggrin:

A couple more then...

Latest

Trending

Trending