which prepaid card can I get as I have a cifas marker

Watch this thread
mynameisbob99999
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
can anyone with a cifas marker please shed some light on which banks/prepaid cards they can get. I am heading to university soon so I need a new bank asap. many thanks
UndercoverFC
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by mynameisbob99999)
can anyone with a cifas marker please shed some light on which banks/prepaid cards they can get. I am heading to university soon so I need a new bank asap. many thanks
its dependent what type of marker you have can you provide more details of how the marker came about
mynameisbob99999
Rep:
(Original post by UndercoverFC)
its dependent what type of marker you have can you provide more details of how the marker came about
it was for fraud. I was being a complete idiot and decided to give my bank details out! I heard prepaid cards and credit unions would be good options as these could give me an account for a monthly fee.
Last edited by mynameisbob99999; 9 months ago
mynameisbob99999
Rep:
it was for fraud. I was being a complete idiot and decided to give my bank details out! I heard prepaid cards and credit unions would be good options as these could give me an account for a monthly fee.
a lot of people with the same cat 6 cifas marker have managed to open prepaid bank accounts. so id just like to know which banks would give me an account
UndercoverFC
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
a lot of people with the same cat 6 cifas marker have managed to open prepaid bank accounts. so id just like to know which banks would give me an account
Ok, you were a money mule they prey on young students especially during hard times at Uni. Any way you best bet will be to apply for an account with Pockit - believe there is a monthly fee on £1.99, you will get approval within minutes and you should be able to receive your student loan on this account. Good luck
mynameisbob99999
Rep:
Ok, you were a money mule they prey on young students especially during hard times at Uni. Any way you best bet will be to apply for an account with Pockit - believe there is a monthly fee on £1.99, you will get approval within minutes and you should be able to receive your student loan on this account. Good luck
will they definitely accept me? would the bank I did fraud on not contact this bank to get the pocket account closed? does pockit not work with cifas? thank you very much for the reply
UndercoverFC
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
will they definitely accept me? would the bank I did fraud on not contact this bank to get the pocket account closed? does pockit not work with cifas? thank you very much for the reply
I would say you are 80% likely to get accepted - its worth a try
mynameisbob99999
Rep:
I would say you are 80% likely to get accepted - its worth a try
the cifas marker is not actually on me yet but I have been notified that it will be in 30 days. if I open the pockit account now without me having the marker. when they finally give me the marker in 30 days would pockit be notified ?
martin7
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
The bank that closed your account registers a marker with Cifas. It's then up to other financial institutions to check for Cifas markers, and it's up to them whether (and how often) to do that. And if they do choose to check with Cifas, it's up to the financial institution to decide what to do with the information that they get from Cifas
mynameisbob99999
Rep:
(Original post by martin7)
The bank that closed your account registers a marker with Cifas. It's then up to other financial institutions to check for Cifas markers, and it's up to them whether (and how often) to do that. And if they do choose to check with Cifas, it's up to the financial institution to decide what to do with the information that they get from Cifas
do they check for cifas as soon as I apply? or will they do it in 6 months etc..
RedGiant
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
will they definitely accept me?
No. Pockit has recently changed it's card issuer to PayrNet, which is a member of CIFAS.
do they check for cifas as soon as I apply?
Yes. It is done through a client onboarding API called Cifas Direct.
mynameisbob99999
Rep:
(Original post by RedGiant)
No. Pockit has recently changed it's card issuer to PayrNet, which is a member of CIFAS.

Yes. It is done through a client onboarding API called Cifas Direct.
oh no I'm really worrying now as I'm afraid that I won't be able to open any bank. do you recommend any banks that currently don't use cifas? thank you very much
struggler07
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
oh no I'm really worrying now as I'm afraid that I won't be able to open any bank. do you recommend any banks that currently don't use cifas? thank you very much
I got a pockit prepaid card it’s not on cifas list all the members are here https://www.cifas.org.uk/services/na...tabase-members
vapordave
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by struggler07)
I got a pockit prepaid card it’s not on cifas list all the members are here https://www.cifas.org.uk/services/na...tabase-members
Pockit is not a bank, so it cannot issue accounts by itself. It uses PayrNet, which as another user said is part of CIFAS.
mynameisbob99999
Rep:
(Original post by struggler07)
do you have a cifas marker ?
Stacka
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
do they check for cifas as soon as I apply? or will they do it in 6 months etc..
For me they blocked any accounts I applied for before they sent the cards. Gonna try prepaid cards tho
struggler07
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
do you have a cifas marker ?
Yes I do
struggler07
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Vapordave)
Pockit is not a bank, so it cannot issue accounts by itself. It uses PayrNet, which as another user said is part of CIFAS.
Oh yeah just realised applied before it changed to PayrNet got accepted got a cifas been using it for a year they haven’t closed my account
deji17
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
do you get your student loan deposited into your pockit?
struggler07
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by deji17)
do you get your student loan deposited into your pockit?
Never applied for it lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (12)
14.12%
The paper was reasonable (40)
47.06%
Not feeling great about that exam... (26)
30.59%
It was TERRIBLE (7)
8.24%

Watched Threads