madisondennison
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hey guys,
I recently got my A-Level results back and got a C in psychology. I am considering resitting the exam in October but really struggle with answering questions, I know most people do the AQA exam board but I was wondering if anyone who has done the OCR one has any resources or tips that they can share with me to get a better grade.
Ctrl+Alt+Defeat
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey, I got an A in OCR A-Level Psychology! There’s a YouTube channel called “MindVARK” which posts videos for all of the core studies, plus the research methods/themes (e.g. strengths/weaknesses of each approach, experimental designs etc). They also do podcasts! It’s really useful 😊
madisondennison
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Ctrl+Alt+Defeat)
Hey, I got an A in OCR A-Level Psychology! There’s a YouTube channel called “MindVARK” which posts videos for all of the core studies, plus the research methods/themes (e.g. strengths/weaknesses of each approach, experimental designs etc). They also do podcasts! It’s really useful 😊
Ahhh thank you so much, never come across them before but will definitely check them out!! Honestly feel like there isn't much online help for OCR psychology so thank you so much ❤️❤️
ashtolga23
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How different is OCR to AQA? Usually the content is broadly similar but exam style differs in my experience, so perhaps you could still use AQA/Edexcel resources for some topics.

What is it in particular you find you're struggling with? I did AQA so unfortunately might not be able to help on everything but I did get an A* so if you want any help on content or revision techniques let me know!
SD2008
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hello, there is this thread in the Student Room offering notes and resources. I've posted the link below, it may be useful.
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6080920
Additionally, there are several resources here you might desire to check out
https://www.physicsandmathstutor.com...n/a-level-ocr/
madisondennison
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by ashtolga23)
How different is OCR to AQA? Usually the content is broadly similar but exam style differs in my experience, so perhaps you could still use AQA/Edexcel resources for some topics.

What is it in particular you find you're struggling with? I did AQA so unfortunately might not be able to help on everything but I did get an A* so if you want any help on content or revision techniques let me know!
Ahh, thank you so much for replying to my question. Yes I think the exam styles are quite different, but would love any help on revising and being able to remember all the content for the exams. Do you have any tips or advice for helping remember all the information/ productive ways to study? any help would be amazing thank you ❤️❤️
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your education been disrupted this academic year due to the pandemic?

Yes (113)
86.26%
No (18)
13.74%

Watched Threads