The Student Room Group

Hamster

I have tried to provide my syrian hamster with 4 different types of exercise spaces and he has escaped and destroyed all of them.
Now my only option is to put him in his exercise ball but he really likes to free run
What else can i offer him that is escape proof and really durable ?
@CoolCavy is a hamster lover; I’m sure they’ll know.
Sorry about the gross jokes you received in response to this thread - ive experienced similar myself from very ignorant people who dont appreciate hamsters are sentient little loving creatures.

Anyway, i wouldnt advise an exercise ball. They can get their feet stuck in the gaps and become injured that way. Other risks are from overheating and stress.

A playpen would probably be your best option, you can get different types online fairly easily. There are even youtube videos on how to make your own DIY ones :smile:

Make sure you fill it with lots of things to chew and destroy, then hopefully your ham will be less likely to start chewing the pen itself
I heard from other experienced hamsters keepers that if they try to escape from the cage, it might be because the cage is too small

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending