The Student Room Group

Course work help!!!

Hey Guys for my English-lit course work I'm doing Bloody Chambers and Handmaid's Tale, and I was given a question based on female sexuality and how it is present in both Atwood and Carter's work (Bloody Chambers and Handmaid's Tale).

What would you say about this question?
(Mostly struggling on how to start the paragraph off)
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Amara1004
Hey Guys for my English-lit course work I'm doing Bloody Chambers and Handmaid's Tale, and I was given a question based on female sexuality and how it is present in both Atwood and Carter's work (Bloody Chambers and Handmaid's Tale).

What would you say about this question?
(Mostly struggling on how to start the paragraph off)

I can't say much on Carter's work but Atwood I have done (Handmaids tale actually!) for my a-levels, and my main point would be how the female sexuality is used as a means of power and oppression against women but also as an identity of women as their sole purpose is reproduction for the people in power. For starting the coursework I would suggest maybe comparing the female sexuality in both texts and giving some context pf both texts as it shows you fully understand what your writing about and then you could give some more details on either a difference between them in terms of your theme or maybe further analysis if the similarity you gave backed up with some evidence. This is how I approached my coursework so I would recommend just getting something like this down and edit along the way if it doesn't appeal to you I can't be much help for Bloody Chambers but if you need any help with Handmaids tale feel free to ask me, I wish you the best :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending