skyewitte
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Hi there I can’t seem to find any forums about year 13, I just wanted to know how different it is to year 12 and if there’s any tips anyone has, thank you in advance 👍🏼
SB1234567890
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 months ago
I've just finished year 13 and would say that, although everyone's experience is different, it is quite a jump and I personally found it a greater jump than between years 11 and 12. The main difference is having to balance things to do with ucas, an epq for me and the increase in the intensity of revision, both in terms of active recall of year 12 content (and other year 13 content as the term goes on) and making resources for new year 13 content. Also, for alot of subjects, the content gets more difficult so you may need to spend more time checking you properly understand the content before trying to memorise the information. My main tip would be to get an academic planner as I found that when using a planner along with to do lists helped me to prioritise tasks and made sure that I balance between all the above.
Hope this helps and I'm happy to answer any specific questions you have
Last edited by SB1234567890; 8 months ago
skyewitte
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Thank you so much this is definitely helpful 👍🏼
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (79)
18.85%
The paper was reasonable (157)
37.47%
Not feeling great about that exam... (117)
27.92%
It was TERRIBLE (66)
15.75%

Watched Threads