A levels_ first year failed Bio, Chemistry and Law

Watch
waqasn
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi all

Because of some unseen circumstances I xould not focus much on studies and couldn't pass first year of my A levels. I have been an average student in my primary and secondary school.

My question is what can I do to pass my A levels in less than one year now.

Working towards it involve covering first year and second year content. I need suggestions about:
How to plan my study revision schedule beside going to school?
Is it something doable?
Has anyone did it before if so how did they plan their revision and tips?
Please stay positive in tour comments I am already very heart broken.
Thanks.
5hyl33n
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by waqasn)
X
Sorry, to hear about your circumstances. It is definitely doable, but it will require a lot of hard work.

Here is a website that will help you with creating a revision timetable:
https://getrevising.co.uk/planner

1. Make a separate list for each subject of all the topics you are uncomfortable with.
2. Make a checklist outlining what you hope to complete by the end of the day.
3. Spend 2-3 days revising and doing exam questions on each topic.
4. Only focus on two subjects a day.
5. Ask your teachers for help
6. Remember to take breaks!

Good luck! You've got this! :yep:
waqasn
Rep:
(Original post by 5hyl33n)
Sorry, to hear about your circumstances. It is definitely doable, but it will require a lot of hard work.

Here is a website that will help you with creating a revision timetable:
https://getrevising.co.uk/planner

1. Make a separate list for each subject of all the topics you are uncomfortable with.
2. Make a checklist outlining what you hope to complete by the end of the day.
3. Spend 2-3 days revising and doing exam questions on each topic.
4. Only focus on two subjects a day.
5. Ask your teachers for help
6. Remember to take breaks!

Good luck! You've got this! :yep:
Thank you so much for your kind words and advice. I am going to look at the link now and start planning on checklist too. Really appreciate your input.
5hyl33n
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Thank you so much for your kind words and advice. I am going to look at the link now and start planning on checklist too. Really appreciate your input.
:woo:

By the way, have you considered making a 'Grow your Grades' on The Student Room? It's a blog where you can document your progress and make some online friends help motivate you to study!
Last edited by 5hyl33n; 3 months ago
waqasn
Rep:

By the way, have you considered making a 'Grow your Grades' on The Student Room? It's a blog where you can document your progress and make some online friends help motivate you to study!
I haven't heard about that before but I will definitely look into it and join it.
Thanks 😊
waqasn
Rep:

I searched it on studentroom search bar but I didn't get the blog. So many other questions are coming up.
5hyl33n
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I searched it on studentroom search bar but I didn't get the blog. So many other questions are coming up.
Sorry, I should've been more specific. You create your own blog. This thread should explain it in more detail:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/rev...why-you-should

The new forum for 2021/2022 has not opened yet, but once it does, your thread will be automatically moved. You can either make your thread in the below link or wait until the new forum has opened:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/for...lay.php?f=1586
waqasn
Rep:
Thanks dear.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (21)
8.61%
Okay (72)
29.51%
A bit lacking (91)
37.3%
Not good at all (60)
24.59%

Watched Threads