The Student Room Group

Product Design engineering/Design engineering personal statement help

I am planning to apply for the product design engineering/design engineering courses in Imperial, Loughborough, Glasgow, Bath and Bristol. I am currently trying to write my personal statement for these courses so if anyone who got into these universities has any advice and tips, and what to avoid in the personal statement?

I heard this course is relatively new so I am not sure what is the best way to include it in the personal statement. I did research a lot on the course modules and the courses vary in terms of teaching modules and I am not sure what is relevant to include for product/design engineering. In terms of wider reading, can I mention the general designs that I enjoy the most or do I have to be specific with a design that I am closely fascinated with?

Any help would be appreciated! Thank you :smile:
Original post by g4aura3
I am planning to apply for the product design engineering/design engineering courses in Imperial, Loughborough, Glasgow, Bath and Bristol. I am currently trying to write my personal statement for these courses so if anyone who got into these universities has any advice and tips, and what to avoid in the personal statement?

I heard this course is relatively new so I am not sure what is the best way to include it in the personal statement. I did research a lot on the course modules and the courses vary in terms of teaching modules and I am not sure what is relevant to include for product/design engineering. In terms of wider reading, can I mention the general designs that I enjoy the most or do I have to be specific with a design that I am closely fascinated with?

Any help would be appreciated! Thank you :smile:

Hi @g4aura3,

That is great to hear you are interested in applying to Loughborough :smile:

Your Personal statement is a great opportunity to show the Admission's Office your enthusiasm to study your chosen programme.

When writing your personal statement, you should look to explain your motivation for studying the programme, any relevant skills and experience you have (through studying or work), and your future career aspirations and how this programme will support you in achieving this.

You may find it useful to take a look a personal statement guide here.

Remember to really let your passion for the subject shine through!

Ella :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending