The Student Room Group

Can I get onto law via access to HE course?

I do not do access to law. I would like to know if it is possible for me to get into law despite this. I have seen few universities that dont have specific requirements for access but many do. The ones that do say things like “access to law” or “access to HE in a relevant subject (humanities, social science etc). Teachers say that you do not need specific subjects to get into law so if I applied to the universities that have specific requirements for access could they still accept me? Thank you
Original post by Shurmaya909
I do not do access to law. I would like to know if it is possible for me to get into law despite this. I have seen few universities that dont have specific requirements for access but many do. The ones that do say things like “access to law” or “access to HE in a relevant subject (humanities, social science etc). Teachers say that you do not need specific subjects to get into law so if I applied to the universities that have specific requirements for access could they still accept me? Thank you

Yes you can
Original post by Shurmaya909

Yes, definitely. It's always wise to check with each individual university you're interested in applying to first about what they will accept, but usually a 'relevant' Access course is fine for law. Relevant = humanities, social sciences etc.
Reply 3
Thank you for the reply. What did you do may I ask?
Reply 4
Original post by Reality Check
Yes, definitely. It's always wise to check with each individual university you're interested in applying to first about what they will accept, but usually a 'relevant' Access course is fine for law. Relevant = humanities, social sciences etc.

The course I am doing is a science course.
Reply 5
The course I am doing is an access to science course and it has chemistry biology and physics in it. I am not sure if universities will accept this, for example university of Manchester and Nottingham
Reply 6
I changed my mind on what I wanted to do. Inconvenient for me but I’m very passionate about doing it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending