The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GM_Bananaman
Do you use Facebook Instagram TikTok?

I don't use TikTok, because it's exceptionally annoying, it leaks out personal data, and it's spyware.
Original post by GM_Bananaman
Do you use Facebook Instagram TikTok?

I use all of them
None of the above. They all feel like shouting into the void to me. I prefer discussion-based platforms such as forums and Discord.
Reply 4
Instagram for my hobbies such as horror films, books, games etc
FB and Snapchat to talk to friends and family daily
There are certain accounts on Twitter that I like to read but I don't have an account

I have an Instagram account but I don't post or follow anyone. Thete are just certain accounts I like to check and you can only view stories with an account.

I watch tik toks on YouTube.
I use reddit, tiktok, whatsapp, Messenger, and TSR mostly. I have snapchat, and instagram but i only use the latter two me and my flatmates have group chats on there otherwise I’d delete them as its not like I rly post anything on there anyway :redface:
(edited 2 years ago)
Instagram, TSR, Twitter, Reddit, Gab and Youtube.
Mostly use instagram, reddit and twitter to stay in touch with friends living overseas.
I've never had an account on Facebook, Tiktok, Whatsapp or Snapchat.
Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, Facebook & Messenger, Whatsapp
Tiktok
Reddit, Pinterest, Tumblr
TSR
Reply 9
Facebook and Instagram occasionally
Twitter quite frequently
Whatsapp and Youtube all the time
Very very rarely snapchat
Never Tiktok
I use reddit and tumblr. I’m not a fan of things like insta, snapchat, facebook etc where you follow everyone you know and post about things in your daily life, I prefer the more anonymous sites (i.e. reddit & tumblr) where you just vibe with strangers and discuss your random interests. I find it way more chill and fun, and way less mentally draining. I also have tiktok but I don’t post anything, I just watch stuff.
I have Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat and WhatsApp. The latter two of the four which I use frequently and the former aren't of much use than liking family/friend photos (Instagram) or reading through trending news tags (Twitter).
(edited 2 years ago)
I have Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook and WhatsApp. Although I rarely post on the first 3, and use them to talk to people mainly. Use WhatsApp for family group chats.

Don't have a Twitter account but sometimes I will check certain accounts. Use Reddit sometimes.

Never used TikTok.
(edited 2 years ago)
I mainly use instagram, whatsapp and obviously :tsr:
I also have snapchat but never post just use it to message but I don't like it much. Recently got tiktok, again don't post just follow other accounts but I think it's really overrated.
Original post by fish finger fan
I mainly use instagram, whatsapp and obviously :tsr:
I also have snapchat but never post just use it to message but I don't like it much. Recently got tiktok, again don't post just follow other accounts but I think it's really overrated.

in what way? :smile:
Original post by Obolinda

It is spyware, the data security is lousy, it sends data to who knows where? So of course it's overrated.
Original post by ReviseSleeping
I have Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook and WhatsApp. Although I rarely post on the first 3, and use them to talk to people mainly. Use WhatsApp for family group chats.

Don't have a Twitter account but sometimes I will check certain accounts. Use Reddit sometimes.

Never used TikTok.

Good for you, don't use TikTok. We should get off of TikTok! It expands censorship, it's spyware, it leaks your personal data!
https://www.forbes.com/sites/zakdoffman/2020/07/25/beware-tiktok-really-is-spying-on-you-new-security-report-update-trump-pompeo-china-warning/?sh=6cc876df4014
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Obolinda

I was quite late to the craze of getting it :colondollar: and I kept getting told to get tiktok and how good it was and I saw a few tiktoks on insta and youtube and they were funny so I got an account and have found it's mainly full of quite boring content. I was worried I would get one of these tiktok addictions spending ages scrolling through it but I've found I barely use it.
Original post by justlearning1469
I don't use TikTok, because it's exceptionally annoying, it leaks out personal data, and it's spyware.

That's just the Americans having a go at the Chinese. It's not spyware and is just as bad with data as most other popular social media sites and search engines.
The worrying thing is that some users use TikTok.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/zakdoffman/2020/07/25/beware-tiktok-really-is-spying-on-you-new-security-report-update-trump-pompeo-china-warning/?sh=6cc876df4014
TikTok is a grave privacy threat, it leaks your personal data, with excessive data harvesting, glaring vulnerabilities in the code, expanding surveillance for foreign governments etc.

Latest