The Student Room Group

Company asking for passport photo page picture

Hi,

I was applying to jobs, and have reached the last stage of an interview process with only the assessment centre left.
The company is asking me to send them a picture of my passport photo page, but I read that this could be used to commit identity theft and some other stuff.

I was wondering if this was natural and if I should give it to them, or if I shouldn't?

Thanks in advance :smile:
This is very common as they want to check it’s your taking the interview/ virtual AC.

If you’re concerned, double check it’s their official email.

But this is very common :smile:
Original post by Unnamed User
Hi,

I was applying to jobs, and have reached the last stage of an interview process with only the assessment centre left.
The company is asking me to send them a picture of my passport photo page, but I read that this could be used to commit identity theft and some other stuff.

I was wondering if this was natural and if I should give it to them, or if I shouldn't?

Thanks in advance :smile:

It is a legal requirement that they have checked and can prove they have checked your eligibility to work in the UK. The most common way of doing this is to take a photocopy of the picture page of your passport. They must do this. It's nothing to do with identity theft which can't be done by holding a picture of a passport. If you want the job, or any legal job ever, you need to do this.
Original post by liv99liv99
This is very common as they want to check it’s your taking the interview/ virtual AC.

If you’re concerned, double check it’s their official email.

But this is very common :smile:

Original post by threeportdrift
It is a legal requirement that they have checked and can prove they have checked your eligibility to work in the UK. The most common way of doing this is to take a photocopy of the picture page of your passport. They must do this. It's nothing to do with identity theft which can't be done by holding a picture of a passport. If you want the job, or any legal job ever, you need to do this.

Hey guys,
Apologies for the late reply.

I have sent the photo to them.

Thank you again for the help, I was really worried about it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending