The Student Room Group

Vet Work experience for Surrey uni

So Surrey have said in their 2022 application form that applicants need 4 weeks of experience, with 1 being in a practice. I currently have 150 hours (over 4 weeks) from 2 farms and 2 stables and I’ve done the online MOOC course which they accept as 2 weeks, but non in a veterinary practice like they specifically ask for, does this mean I will get rejected straight away when I apply in October?
Original post by Harriet234
So Surrey have said in their 2022 application form that applicants need 4 weeks of experience, with 1 being in a practice. I currently have 150 hours (over 4 weeks) from 2 farms and 2 stables and I’ve done the online MOOC course which they accept as 2 weeks, but non in a veterinary practice like they specifically ask for, does this mean I will get rejected straight away when I apply in October?

yes I believe it would - but you have 2 months to find a vet practice and things are opening up now. Email them directly to confirm
Original post by Harriet234

You won’t get rejected because Surrey have given time until January to obtain all the work experience :smile:
But definitely do get it before this deadline because Surrey behaved very badly with some candidates who met their offers last August. Basically they'd made too many offers and then looked for ways to refuse students using their work experience as the motive even when the basic requirements had be met! ( parents of vet med thread) So really there will be NO wriggle room in this respect!!
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Nobody2u
But definitely do get it before this deadline because Surrey behaved very badly with some candidates who met their offers last August. Basically they'd made too many offers and then looked for ways to refuse students using their work experience as the motive even when the basic requirements had be met! ( parents of vet med thread) So really there will be NO wriggle room in this respect!!

yes I heard about that! I managed to get my week in a vets practice 2 weeks ago, so now al requirements are met, so now just waiting for possible interviews!
Good luck!🍀🍀

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending