Law Schools 2022

Watch this thread
varunmalik
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Hey everyone,
So I am prepping my application for September 2022 intake for Law. I think my situations is sort of unusual, I will be graduating from India with a Journalism bachelor's in August 2022. I contacted various school and asked if I'd be let in, and they said it's fine as long as I have a degree before entering the School.

I will be enrolling for the 3-year LLB Undergraduate as it's also recognised in my country as a Qualifying law degree for the UK (just incase I decide to come back), and I don't want to do the 2-year Graduate LLB.

I have shortlisted my five schools:
1. Queen Mary
2. University of Warwick
3. University of Leeds
4. University of Exeter
5. University of York

However, I am double minded about Queen Mary and Exeter, because I feel like I can sit for the LNAT and possibly (50-50 situation), qualify for Bristol or Nottingham instead? What are your reviews on this and on the chosen universities, would they provide a good chance at employability in the U.K post my studies?

Thank you so much!
Last edited by varunmalik; 9 months ago
LawStudent456
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by varunmalik)
Hey everyone,
So I am prepping my application for September 2022 intake for Law. I think my situations is sort of unusual, I will be graduating from India with a Journalism bachelor's in August 2022. I contacted various school and asked if I'd be let in, and they said it's fine as long as I have a degree before entering the School.

I will be enrolling for the 3-year LLB Undergraduate as it's also recognised in my country as a Qualifying law degree for the UK (just incase I decide to come back), and I don't want to do the 2-year Graduate LLB.

I have shortlisted my five schools:
1. Queen Mary
2. University of Warwick
3. University of Leeds
4. University of Exeter
5. University of York

However, I am double minded about Queen Mary and Exeter, because I feel like I can sit for the LNAT and possibly (50-50 situation), qualify for Bristol or Nottingham instead? What are your reviews on this and on the chosen universities, would they provide a good chance at employability in the U.K post my studies?

Thank you so much!
Sit the LNAT and apply for 2/3 of those unis if you want.

What are you A level equivalents? If you can apply for Bristol you can probably apply anywhere as they are A*AA
varunmalik
Rep:
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
(Original post by LawStudent456)
Sit the LNAT and apply for 2/3 of those unis if you want.

What are you A level equivalents? If you can apply for Bristol you can probably apply anywhere as they are A*AA
Not sure how Indian grades convert to A-Levels, but according to Bristol they need 88% in my country's 12th Standard marks and I got 87%. They told me they don't discriminate as much for just 1% and that I can apply.

The scary this about LNAT is that last time I practiced, my scores ranged from 17-23, and I did not even prep for the essay.
LawStudent456
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by varunmalik)
Not sure how Indian grades convert to A-Levels, but according to Bristol they need 88% in my country's 12th Standard marks and I got 87%. They told me they don't discriminate as much for just 1% and that I can apply.

The scary this about LNAT is that last time I practiced, my scores ranged from 17-23, and I did not even prep for the essay.
Prep then.

Not really scary as I said so long as you don’t apply for all LNAT unis
njwarjri
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
Hi everyone, I'm an international student from india applying to colleges for 2022. I'm doing my undergrad rn and I'll be done by may next year but I'll still be applying for the 3 year LLB, I have a question for the Indian applicants, what colleges can I apply to realistically with 89.5% in my CBSE. I'll be doing my LNAT next month. I'm working with an overseas admissions councillor but im still freaking out about where I could possibly get in.
peoniesrawesome
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by njwarjri)
Hi everyone, I'm an international student from india applying to colleges for 2022. I'm doing my undergrad rn and I'll be done by may next year but I'll still be applying for the 3 year LLB, I have a question for the Indian applicants, what colleges can I apply to realistically with 89.5% in my CBSE. I'll be doing my LNAT next month. I'm working with an overseas admissions councillor but im still freaking out about where I could possibly get in.
I am a foreign student applying to the graduate LLB course. I also completed my education from India, and I scored a 95% aggregate. I would say focus on applying to universities like Durham and Bristol. I’m not doing the LNAT because my degree program is a bit intensive and I really don’t have the time. Let me know how it goes!
Last edited by peoniesrawesome; 6 months ago
nanb13
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by njwarjri)
Hey!

I am applying for law 2022 and currently studying CBSE 12th grade even though I live in Abu Dhabi. My predicted grades are actually similar to the qualifications you achieved: 91.8%. And out of the universities I applied to (a few days back), your CBSE qualifications are perfectly eligible for Durham, Leeds and Warwick. However, there are many more that I haven't applied to that require 89% or less. The top of the top unis usually require 90% (with a few exceptions like LSE and UCL) but many have their entry requirements set lower. For most of them, the country specific requirements are given clearly in the uni website. Also there's no need to 'freak out' if you are applying to courses for which you meet the entry requirements. You are already being realistic and are very likely to get at least one offer. I actually applied 5 days back with the predicted grades stated above and already received an offer (conditional) from Leeds, although I received the application acknowledgment only like a day ago.

Hope I am replying before you've sent out your applications so that this information can actually be useful. And good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (23)
18.7%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (13)
10.57%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (8)
6.5%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (21)
17.07%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (32)
26.02%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (26)
21.14%

Watched Threads