The Student Room Group

Optometry Vs Audiology Help

So I could really use some advice on which career will be more fruitful, in terms of work life balance, salary and the futures of both careers. I’m stressed right now trying to pick between the two so any help would be greatly appreciated!
Original post by Cant Say
So I could really use some advice on which career will be more fruitful, in terms of work life balance, salary and the futures of both careers. I’m stressed right now trying to pick between the two so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Are you in year 12? :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by LucySmith0310
Are you in year 12? :smile:

Hey! I recently finished college and have got AAA as my results, wbu?
So is your plan to take a gap year and apply within that gap year? I'm going into Year 13 in Sept. :smile:
Original post by Cant Say
Hey! I recently finished college and have got AAA as my results, wbu?
I considered both careers, among many others, but decided to go for Speech and Language Therapy... Very different I know!
What put me off about optometry was people saying a lot of it is about selling people glasses and that the profession is quite saturated nowadays. Audiology seemed cool, but I'm not sure the career progression and opportunities I was looking for are there, and I'm not sure about the number of jobs available?
Quite a lot of unis do optometry so there are quite a lot of graduates. Audiology is a lot more niche and the course tends to be small... I attended a UoM subject talk about audiology and I'm sure the lady said they take about 20 students?

Quick Reply

Latest